font size when printing

Bo
BonnieSettle
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 am Post

I printed the project i was working on but no matter what i tried, the font was minuscule. How can I change the size of the font to apply to all the notes in the project. I was able to change the size of the font for an individual note by going into inspector but had to do that for every note i created. Not very practical.

Bonnie

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 am Post

Hmm, something seems to be broken if that wasn't working for you. I had no problem selecting every single note with Cmd-A and then flipping the slider up in the Inspector to adjust everything to a larger font at once. Could you describe the steps you are taking to get this result? And when you say only one note at a time changes, does that mean only the last note you added to the selection?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Bo
BonnieSettle

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:18 am Post

What I was hoping to accomplish is to set the font size before I start working. I was able to do a select all and change the font size. However, because the font in now larger, all the notes overlap and that presents a huge rearrangement problem.

Bonnie

Bo
BonnieSettle

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 am Post

All I can think of is to write a note,change the font size, write another note, change the font size......
There has to be a better way

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 am Post

The default font size is set in the main application preferences, under the "New Notes" tab.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Bo
BonnieSettle

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:08 am Post

Ah! I knew it had to be somewhere. I seem to know just enough to look stupid. Thanks for the help

Bonnie

Bo
BonnieSettle

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 am Post

I doubled the size of the font but when I printed it it came out minuscule again. What should have been two or three pages was crammed onto one page? Again. What am I doing wrong? As far as I know the printer is working fine.

Bonnie

KB
Site Admin

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:43 pm Post

How big is the map? When printing, the whole map gets placed on one page, so if you have a huge map, the font will necessarily be small.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

kg
kgarnett

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 pm Post

I don't understand....
I thought that a benefit of Scapple over just tree-paper was that you could expand and expand. If it always condenses all into one page when printed, that is pretty problematic.

ci
cindella204

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:51 pm Post

I figured this out last night when my planning for a timed essay I have to write this afternoon came out mostly in something like font size eight :P. If I could request a feature:

It'd be awesome if you could choose to use "poster printing" if you're map is too big. For an example of this, Adobe Acrobat Pro has a great system. You can shrink you're document to be tiny, or you can just have it print onto multiple pages. You choose how much overlap you want there to to be so that you can print it and tape it together or whatever.

This time It's small but bearable (luckily I used a sans-serif font), but God forbid I wanted to print out my first scapple document, a story plan, then it would be size three or something crazy. Especially since it insists on printing in portrait form. Another request:

When printing allow us to choose portrait or landscape.

I just moved all my notes around to fit better on a portrait page, but that's not really the way I think, especially when my monitor is pretty widescreen, so it was a little awkward.

Thanks!

KB
Site Admin

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:04 pm Post

You can already choose portrait or landscape via File > Page Setup. Printing to multiple pages is on the list, but it's technically more complicated than you would think.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ci
cindella204

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:06 pm Post

I figured this out last night when my planning for a timed essay I have to write this afternoon came out mostly in something like font size eight :P. If I could request a feature:

It'd be awesome if you could choose to use "poster printing" if you're map is too big. For an example of this, Adobe Acrobat Pro has a great system. You can shrink you're document to be tiny, or you can just have it print onto multiple pages. You choose how much overlap you want there to to be so that you can print it and tape it together or whatever.

This time It's small but bearable (luckily I used a sans-serif font), but God forbid I wanted to print out my first scapple document, a story plan, then it would be size three or something crazy. Especially since it insists on printing in portrait form. Another request:

When printing allow us to choose portrait or landscape.

I just moved all my notes around to fit better on a portrait page, but that's not really the way I think, especially when my monitor is pretty widescreen, so it was a little awkward.

Thanks!

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:48 pm Post

Another user offered some tested suggestions on how you can currently print a Scapple map to multiple pages, over in this thread, so you may want to give those a try.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)