Suggested feature

ep
epSl
Platform: Mac

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:33 pm Post

I think this is a niche capability and you may not choose to add it to this product, but it would be valuable to me. The basic idea is that each note could have an entire drawing inside of it. Obviously that is difficult to display. It is used in some software diagramming languages and is implemented by replacing the view with the high level note on it with the view of the drawing that is logically inside the higher-level note. There is some indicator on the displayed drawing showing what higher level note this belongs to, as well as an indicator on the higher level note showing it has an embedded drawing.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:03 pm Post

I'm not sure if this is what you mean by "drawing", but you can already insert a graphic file into Scapple as a note, and the content of that graphic can be whatever you please, be it a drawing or a painting or a photograph---or a picture of another Scapple document, as it sounds like that is what you are describing. You could export one document as a PNG file and drop it into an other.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

ep
epSl
Platform: Mac

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 pm Post

Sorry, I missed your reply in December. I didn't know Scapple would do what you said, however that is not exactly the idea. The idea was to click on a bubble and have the detailed map appear, but that map would be a fully implemented map with the ability to add, change, and delete bubbles. In addition, the high level bubble would not show the picture, but rather the name. It is useful when each bubble can hold 100s of other bubbles--just no practical way to display them all.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 pm Post

Ah, I see. We're not really interested in taking the software down that particular road. The idea is to keep everything flat, rather than an outliner which lets you hide content away. We might continue to expand upon various ideas in this flat space, but not matters of containment and hidden detail.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles