Deadine: 31st December 2012 - continuity?

TH
THORP01
Platform: Mac

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 pm Post

I have just started using Scapple and noticed that the start-up warning gives a 31st December deadline for the software. I am already working actively with the software and would rather not lose my 'scapples'. Can I purchase a version on 31st December to ensure continuity?

sa
sapita1129
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:27 pm Post

Additional to the continuity question...

I LOVE the Scapple App, and have since converted most of my "mind-maps" and storyboarding to this program. To be unable to continue to work with the program would be crushing.

It sometimes takes 10 days or more to get Apps approved and then listed through the AppStore. Will there be a version available through the AppStore PRIOR to the 31st as well?

mb
mbbntu
Platform: Mac + iOS

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm Post

Try this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=20396

Particularly:

"This beta will expire on 31st December. I'm hoping to have this on sale before then."

M.
You should judge people not by how close they get to the top, but by how far they have come from the bottom. Some people have a mountain to climb just to get to the place where others start out. (Me, 2010)

KB
Site Admin

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:34 pm Post

Hi,

It won't be on sale before 31st December after all. I have got to get the next update of Scrivener out ASAP, so I'll be returning to Scapple in the New Year, after that is done. I'll release an updated beta of Scapple with an extended expiry date before the end of December, don't worry.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

TH
THORP01

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:17 pm Post

Thank you, Keith. Good news. It has already become a part of my life!

One piece of functionality that would be very useful, but I sense is away from your intention, would be some sort of hierarchy. By this I mean that levels might be set for entries and the user given the option to just view certain levels at a time, to be able to drill down into headings. My Scapples are getting very crowded and at the moment I am using Font sizes and shading to try and get the effect. Sometimes I would just like to be able to hide some of the detail.

It's just a thought. It was a very useful piece of kit as it is. Well done and thank you for producing it. I look forward to buying it.

Best,

Sam

KB
Site Admin

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:18 pm Post

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, hierarchies are definitely out of scope, sorry.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Fl
Flur
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 pm Post

Is there any way to suppress the beta reminder? I've only been using scapple actively for a couple of days, but it's already become one of those applications that I leave open to add ideas to as they come. Because I leave it open the beta reminder pops up every time I turn on my machine.

Maybe you could open the option to pre-order and allow those of us just itching to give you our money the chance to do so, with a beta version that doesn't have the pop-up reminder?

KB
Site Admin

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 pm Post

No, there's no way to suppress it, sorry. I'm not a fan of pre-orders, either - I'm not comfortable taking money for something that isn't finished.

All the best,
Keith