Help - making boxes the same width

Do
DougElerath
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:00 am Post

I have created a bunch of boxes. They are all different widths. I would like to make them all the same width. I can't find a command that will let me do this.

Doug
Mini Mac & MacAir
But formerly Win XP, SP3

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:15 am Post

I don't think there isn't actually a command for that. You can resize a bunch of notes together, but as you've probably noted, they will resize relatively, not so that they all become uniform. Keith, maybe a Shift modifier on the drag would be useful for this? Opt-drag already resizes from the centre. So Shift-Opt-drag could resize them all from the centre evenly.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

KB
Site Admin

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 pm Post

I don't see how that would help the op. I think a "Make Same Width" command would be more useful for this, which I'll add for a future update.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:22 pm Post

If you hold down the Shift key and drag the width of a note, then all of the notes would jump to match the size of the note you are dragging, and continue to follow it until you stop dragging. It's the same exact thing as a command, except without the command. :)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

KB
Site Admin

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:39 pm Post

I still think a command is better for this, as you might not want to resize anything - and the only way your suggestion could work is if the user dragged at least a little. So, I'll add the "Make Same Width" command. :)
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Do
DougElerath

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 pm Post

D@mned if I don't love it when developers are so responsive. Eat your heart out all you users of code from BigCorp!!!

With thanks and appreciation,

Doug
Mini Mac & MacAir
But formerly Win XP, SP3