Feature Request: Bullets and JPGs

St
StealthyMangos
Platform: Mac

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33 am Post

Is it possible to include dotted or numbered bullet points in Notes? I've only just started playing with Scapple, so maybe it's there already and might have overlooked it.

Also, would it be possible to export a Scapple file as a JPG? That way, I could import it into Scrivener and my iPad.

Great app, btw. It's a mindmap, concept map, and any kind of map you can think of, all in an easy-to-use package.

Cheers,
Stan
Melbourne, Australia
Stan
"We are what hydrogen atoms can do, given 14 billion years." Carl Sagan

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 am Post

The note content area is plain-text, rather than rich text, so it doesn't support things like automated lists. You can of course make your own lists by typing them in. Opt-8 produces the standard bullet character.

As for exporting as an image, use PNG. That's better than JPG for this type of work. It is slightly larger in file size, but the quality is much higher. If you really need to be a JPEG, you can open the PNG file in Preview and save a copy to JPEG with that. Also consider PDF, the default export format (Shift-Cmd-E). That will be much smaller than either JPEG or PNG, and is widely supported.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles