First use notes

ja
janra
Platform: Mac

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:54 pm Post

I poked at Scapple for a few minutes today on my commute, throwing some ideas for NaNo at the wall to see what sticks.

I noticed that as notes are added, the boundary of the wall I'm throwing stuff at moves away when I add notes below or to the right, but if I add a note to the left it doesn't - in fact a new linked note to the left from the leftmost note (using keyboard shortcut to create it) overlapped the source note. The boundary of the "wall" did move to the left when I explicitly dragged the fresh note half off the wall to accommodate the new position, so I can see that expanding to the left is possible.

Any chance of automatic expansion in all four directions to keep the boundary of the wall a bit past the space a new note would fit in, as it does for the space below and to the right?

Also, thanks for the keyboard navigation abilities, and happy to see that's going to be refined further. When I'm dumping out ideas, I don't want to be switching between mouse and keyboard.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 pm Post

Hi janra,

I've added this to the (growing) list.

Thanks!

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."