Feature Requests / Suggestions

109km
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:16 pm Post

Curved lines/arrows

I do really need this feature ! And I l think all the features listed above are really useful ones.

ge
geekyMary
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:53 pm Post

auxbuss wrote:
geekyMary wrote:1. Tabs. It would be so awesome to be able to keep several maps together in one file.

The Apple Merge All Windows works in Scapple now (as it does in S3). It's not multiple maps in one file, but easy tab-switching between separate maps.

Really? In El Capitan? Scapple 1.3? I'm not seeing it.

auxbuss

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 pm Post

geekyMary wrote:Really? In El Capitan? Scapple 1.3? I'm not seeing it.

I'm using High Sierra, but I suspect it works in Sierra. I believe the OS-level tabs stuff started with Sierra; can't remember.

ps
pseudonymTBD
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:00 pm Post

1) Fix upside down/inside out Scrivener display bug in MacOS version (workaround by importing as PNG is a PITA)
2) Allow drill-down into other Scapple files. Example: File one displays character relationships. Click/Double-Click on a character and see character arc flow in file two.
3) All user to edit file from within Scrivener pane

me
merdel

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:02 pm Post

Hi, I love working with Scapple!
Is it possible to use two arrows between two notes, so I can connect in one way with a labeled arrow and with an other line with a different in the other way?
greets
merdel

En
EndlessLoop
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 pm Post

LostInTheTrees wrote:
Second, and this is a lot more trouble, make "stacking" a persistent characteristic. This could mean cells in a stack could be dragged to another position in the stack and the stack would "re-stack" in the new order. Also, when a stack is surrounded by a magnetic shape, when the stack is added to, the shape should expand to contain the new element. I use stacking a lot because it is the only way to create indented content. For me, a stack is one note in multiple pieces and should be kept intact.

-Bob

Reviving this sentiment a few years down the track. This (especially the dragging order bit) would make Scapple near perfect for me. I also use stacks a lot, and reordering can be pretty fiddly. Dragging would be fantastic.

ke
kened

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 am Post

has anyone else here suggested / requested a 'typewriter mode' for scapple? what i have in mind is very simple - an option to keep focused on the current box and move it automatically to the centre of the screen.

i can see that it wouldn't suit everyone, so if it was turn on-and-offable i think it might speed up text entry.

ah
ahsim

Fri May 11, 2018 10:24 am Post

Just bought Scapple and I like it very much. I used to work with VUE (http://vue.tufts.edu/) but Scapple is much neater and more comfortable. One feature that I miss though, is the ability to get an overview of the occurrence of a certain term across the map. So if I search "and" I would like all "ands" to be highlighted. Right now, search seems to highlight one occurrence of a term at the time?

El
ElegantlyMac

Mon May 28, 2018 2:15 am Post

I only ask for 3 things at this point:

(1) Can we have "Arrow styles" just like "Note Styles", so I can apply new arrow styles with just a single click? Of course this will imply two other things:

(a) We need to have "Arrow Format" when we click on the arrow, so that we can format the arrow to be easily saved, instead of "Note Format" (in the inspector). If I may suggest, arrow styles include:
  • Color
  • Thickness
  • Style (allow for dash style, solid style, dotted etc etc)
  • Arrow heads/ends (allow for empty, solid triangle, hollow triangle, or just a ">")

(b) Have an easy way to "flip" arrows (shortcut key, menu item, button in inspector), by flip I mean to change the direction by which the arrow heads point.

(2) If a new note is created on the arrow, inherit the same arrow styles like so:
Before: A————>C
After: A——>B——>C

(3) This one is a bonus ... if it can be done: Can we have an option to have the connecting lines try to "avoid" the Note bodies/boundaries by curving themselves out of their way? If it's too much work, I am still just happy to have scapple connecting lines the way they currently are.

Thank you for reading and considering my suggestions!

ma
matsgz
Platform: Mac + iOS

Mon May 28, 2018 9:43 am Post

Just a small tweak I'd find helpful.

In Scrivener, if I've copied a link in Safari and then go back to Scrivener to insert the link in a text, I press Cmd-L, and the saved link is magically inserted in the text-box or whatever it is called. I just press Enter, and the link is in place. In Scapple I'm supposed to insert the link manually (copy-paste, but still).

I'd like Scapple to function like Scrivener in this respect. Not a huge deal, but some consistency.
Scribo ergo sum