Text Align Shortcut Does Not Work

tr
trailsnet
Platform: Mac

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:37 am Post

I still can't get text to center in Scapple text boxes using the shortcut shown for Format>Alignment>Center. I tried the pipe key as well as numerous others while holding down the command key (on a MacBook Air) and none of these shortcuts worked. :(

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:39 am Post

Are you perhaps running into a scenario demonstrated in the following illustration, where the width of the note is sized to perfectly fit the text content, and thus all alignment options appear ineffectual?

.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Gr
Graeme
Platform: Mac

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:00 pm Post

I'm having the same problem with Keyboard shortcut for centering text with in a box. I have white in the boxes and an able to left or right justify. I have tried command+I, L, and "|" which is the symbol above "\". I think it's a programming error. Scapple programmers? Any thougths?

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:22 pm Post

It seems to be working fine for me, on 10.14.6. I can toggle between each justification setting, both with the note being edited or just selected. Have you attempted to use other means to adjust this, such as the buttons in the Inspector or the menu commands?

By the way it is the "pipe" symbol, above the backslash key, not "I" as in italics or "L" as in "lightbulb".
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles