More word counts, more often

de
deborahb

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:02 am Post

I'd love to have the option to see the word count as I'm typing in Full Screen mode. Similarly, I'd love to be able to see the word count for a folder in the Outliner or Cork Board (where it says '3 items' or similar, perhaps). Right now I flip to Outliner to view a folder/sequence & add the numbers up in my brain (never a reliable way to do it! ;P).

Cheers,
Deborah

je
jebni

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:38 am Post

I know it's not exactly what you want, but you can just move your mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen to get a word count in full screen mode.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:07 am Post

deborahb wrote:Similarly, I'd love to be able to see the word count for a folder in the Outliner or Cork Board (where it says '3 items' or similar, perhaps).

In Outliner mode, click on the three dot button right above the scroll bar area. You'll be presented with a list of available columns. Add `Total Word Count` by selecting it from that menu. Now when you view a container in Outliner you'll get a sum value in this column.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Sa
Sarahswati
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:57 am Post

If it's not too impertinent of me, I'd like to second the request for an option to show the word count in full screen mode all the time, say in the upper right-hand portion of the background area, for example. I realize I can do something similar by keeping the cursor at the bottom of the screen so that HUD will stay up, but somewhere closer to "typing-eye-level", so to speak, would be a bit handier in my opinion. Perhaps adding the word count to the inspector might be another way to do this. I realize this is a rather miniscule nit to pick, but there it is. :)