Scrivener should become subscription

ps
pseingalt
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:56 pm Post

RuffPub wrote:
pseingalt wrote:
When I said there's no official Apple presence here and no way to call, I meant just that.

The algorithm is AI, not a human being. So "Officer Algorithm" is a name given to a non-human AI security official who only understands those inputs it knows about. When Officer Algorithm thinks "all paper is letter-sized and there's an Apple Store with a +1 telephone number in your neighborhood" and you say, "but wait, my paper size is A4 and I can't dial +1 numbers" Officer Algorithm doesn't know what to do.

And I still have no idea what you are saying. What country are you in?

"There is no official Apple presence here": that means that Infinite Loop does business in this country through agents; that is, local distributors.

"There is ... no way to call" I do not want to pay $$ to call Infinite Loop in California (lovely time difference). The cost of the landline, non-VOIP call would equal the price of the subscription.

"AI" means "artificial intelligence." This is a system, a recipe for dealing with human beings on an automated basis without human intervention.

"Officer Algorithm" is a cartoon character I made up to represent having to interact with AI in meatspace. He doesn't really exist.

AI can handle those situations for which it has been programmed and not others.

The country code for the United States (and Canada, strangely) is "1." To dial a number in the United States, you dial an international access code, represented here by "+". This code varies from country to country, In the UK and Western Europe it's "00." In. the US it's "011." VoIP providers may use different codes.

A4 paper refers to the size of paper for business correspondence in most of the world, but not in the country where Infinite Loop is located.
I'd rather not post my location on open forums. Trust me that there are such places where the characteristics I have described apply.

Anything else? Next time I'll use footnotes.

ps
pseingalt
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:59 pm Post

kewms wrote:FWIW, we've also had support issues when people moved to countries where the Apple Store isn't available at all. And of course neither we nor any other developer can control how Apple's licensing requirements might change in the future.

Katherine

If I could "Like" this response I would. :)