Cursor Blink

jc
jcarman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:46 pm Post

An option to turn off cursor blinking would be much appreciated.

User avatar
xiamenese
Posts: 4531
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:32 am
Platform: Mac
Location: London or Exeter, UK.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:29 pm Post

jcarman wrote:An option to turn off cursor blinking would be much appreciated.

It would help if you said which version of Scrivener you're usong, but it's there under Preferences > Editing on the Mac, and I presume it'll be there under Options > Editing in the Windows 3 Beta. I have no idea about winsows v. 1.9.x.

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.7, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 14, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

User avatar
krastev
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:21 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:33 pm Post

xiamenese wrote:
jcarman wrote:An option to turn off cursor blinking would be much appreciated.

It would help if you said which version of Scrivener you're usong, but it's there under Preferences > Editing on the Mac, and I presume it'll be there under Options > Editing in the Windows 3 Beta. I have no idea about winsows v. 1.9.x.

Mark

There is no such option in Windows Scrivener neither in 1.9 nor beta.
Krastev
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.16.0
Testing Scrivener Beta for Windows

Wm
WmValiant
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 5:07 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:04 pm Post

I find it a difficult task actually finding the cursor in a wall of text and would love to see a block type cursor that does indeed blink. I frequently am flipping back and forth between windows etc and when I return to my writing the cursor simply is hard to find within the text wall I was editing. Any suggestions to make it stand out?

jc
jcarman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:28 pm Post

Wild how I missed that for so long, thanks!

User avatar
krastev
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:21 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:01 pm Post

WmValiant wrote:I find it a difficult task actually finding the cursor in a wall of text and would love to see a block type cursor that does indeed blink. I frequently am flipping back and forth between windows etc and when I return to my writing the cursor simply is hard to find within the text wall I was editing. Any suggestions to make it stand out?

In v1.9 you can go to Options -> Editor -> Editor Options and enable 'Use block insertion point' then adjust the width of it as much as you like.

In the beta the same option is in Options -> Editing -> Options
Krastev
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.16.0
Testing Scrivener Beta for Windows

User avatar
rdale
Posts: 2085
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:13 pm Post

WmValiant wrote:I find it a difficult task actually finding the cursor in a wall of text and would love to see a block type cursor that does indeed blink. I frequently am flipping back and forth between windows etc and when I return to my writing the cursor simply is hard to find within the text wall I was editing. Any suggestions to make it stand out?


The beta has a setting under File->Options->Appearance->Main Editor called "Highlight Current Line". With that checked, you'll be able to see which line the cursor is on (unless you've scrolled away from that position).

On the current release, that setting might exist under Tools->Options (if memory serves).
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".