Honour the window state of re-opened projects

RH
RHvdG
Platform: Mac

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:51 pm Post

Having chosen to 'Reopen projects that were open on quit' (in Preferences > General > Startup) I would be pleasantly surprised if, in a future update, reopened projects would appear in full screen and merged if that's the state they were in before.

When using the Automatic Quit feature a lot to prevent sync mishaps, having to re-merge and re-full-screen my Scrivener environment several times a day is somewhat inconvenient.
Doing a PhD on Hegel, using Scrivener. ‘Es geht vernünftig zu.’

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:05 pm Post

While merged windows should remain merged after a restart (I haven’t tested recently, but I recall they used to—bear in mind all of that is macOS level stuff though, we don’t control how tabs work at that level), Full Screen mode isn’t possible to restore, and so neither will merge states within that view.

Technically speaking, it is possible to restore full screen state, and indeed Scrivener used to do that. It isn’t stable however, for a window as complex as Scrivener’s. After receiving hundreds of crash reports about it, we had to remove that aspect of restoration.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

RH
RHvdG
Platform: Mac

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:42 am Post

AmberV wrote:While merged windows should remain merged after a restart [...]

You are correct, the merge state is preserved. Too bad about the full screen state, but, as I think US teenagers used to say, no biggie.
Doing a PhD on Hegel, using Scrivener. ‘Es geht vernünftig zu.’