ios Snapshots

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:41 pm Post

I don’t know anything off of the top of my head. I rely upon the Mac to generate session snapshots for me, as I mainly only use the iOS version to jot down notes to self and such while I’m on the go. Maybe look into something as simple as duplicating the section you want to rewrite and setting the duplicate to be excluded from compile. It’s an approach some even use on the Mac because they prefer that to the dedicated snapshots feature.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

ra
rawitten
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:25 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Although we did not find an elegant way to integrate this feature, there is a setting that is disabled by default that will give you a good session based snapshot whenever you sync. In the Sharing: Sync preference tab, enable Take snapshots before updating documents.

Has the name of this setting changed? I do not see a “Sharing” option in the app’s Project Settings. System Settings has a Syncing and Sharing option, but I do not see Snapshots there either. I would like to enable the Snapshot Before Sync capability if it still exists (version 1.2). Please advise. Also, consider this another vote for Snapshots in iPadOS. :-)

Ji
JimRac
Platform: Win + iOS

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:46 pm Post

Hi rawitten,

The setting Ioa is referring to is in Mac Scriv.

See section B.7.3 in the Mac Scriv manual. Are you saying you're not seeing the option referenced there?

Best,
Jim
I’m just a customer.