Being able to see what paragraph style selected text is in

St
StirlingEditor
Platform: Mac

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:27 pm Post

I would LOVE to be able insert my cursor within a line or block of text and have Scrivener allow me to see what paragraph or heading style it is in. At the moment, I have to manually reapply styles to things over and over again if I can't recall what style I put text in previously. I use styles extensively as part of my process, so adding this capability would be a real timesaver.

Apology: this capability is probably requested elsewhere in the Wishlist forum, but I didn't find anything with the search terms I used. I apologize in advance if I'm duplicating this wish list request.

Thank you!

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:30 pm Post

It would really help if the program had a concept of stylesheets to begin with. :) There are no styles in Scrivener, what you are referring to is what we call “formatting presets”, which are stored settings you can apply to text.

Stylesheets are coming, no worries, and you won’t have any problems seeing which one you used where, and updating the style will update all assigned text, just like you’re used to and more besides!
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Hi
Hirsch

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:00 pm Post

I see that "stylesheets are coming". Anyone have any idea of when this feature will be available? Not having this feature is a major inconvenience.

KB
Site Admin

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:15 pm Post

Styles will be part of a paid update in the coming months. There is no set release date yet.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

fb
fbb
Platform: Windows

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:56 pm Post

KB wrote:Styles will be part of a paid update in the coming months. There is no set release date yet.

All the best,
Keith

In my mind - I am throwing a party and dancing wildly with joy! :D

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:02 pm Post

Did somebody say mind party?! We're on our way over!
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin