I wish for a proper ending to the iOS rant thread

Sanguinius
Platform: Windows

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:34 pm Post

Don't get me wrong by my title. I don't care about iOS, either in general or as it relates to Scrivener, and I only looked at the locked thread now and then because I enjoy a seeing a good rant and argumentative behavior. I commend Keith for his pulling the plug on that whole thread.

That said, however, he only gave it a half-ending, and missed out on a golden opportunity. I say this as a complete nerd, but Keith, after comparing himself to Han Solo shooting the radio in the Death Star, should have followed it with the line, "Boring conversation anyway."

How perfect would that have been? It would have solidified the Han Solo comparison while also summarizing the entirety of the preceding thread.

I was going to type it myself, not having realized the thread was locked until I saw the "Locked" button rather than "Reply". I wailed and beat at my breast for the loss of such an opportunity, and now it's gone, gone!

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:37 pm Post

I was screaming "Han shot first!!" but the forum didn't seem to feel the need to acknowledge my post either.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

robertdguthrie
Platform: Mac

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:41 pm Post

Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

KB
Site Admin

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:48 pm Post

Sanguinius wrote:How perfect would that have been? It would have solidified the Han Solo comparison while also summarizing the entirety of the preceding thread.

I was hoping my fellow nerds would understand my meaning without my having to quote the scene in full. :)

robertdguthrie wrote:Everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Don't get cocky, kid.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

sp
spankybus
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm Post

Yea, but if you remember correctly, a crapload of stormtroopers showed up after that.

Remember that?.....Keith?? Keith, you still there?

hmmm, I hope there is more than one way out of that office, I'd hate if he managed to cut off his only escape route.

KB
Site Admin

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:08 am Post

Yeah, but the stormtroopers just bump their heads on the door frame, so there's plenty of time to escape...
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:51 pm Post

What an incredible smell you've discovered!
Complete and utter NOMsense.