1.7.1.0 Updates into Beta Folder

JJ
JJSlote
Platform: Windows

Tue May 27, 2014 9:11 am Post

Just ran the update that came up in Beta. There was no prompted choice as to installation folder. Now I have 1.7.1.0 in folder "beta-Scrivener" and 1.6.x lingering in "Scrivener".

I'd recommend that anyone who has been testing betas in a separate folder follow Tiho's procedure below.*

Rgds -- Jerome

* edited
Last edited by JJSlote on Tue May 27, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Tue May 27, 2014 9:18 am Post

Thanks Jerome! You are correct. Public v1.7.1.0 is live now. It would be best to uninstall your betas and run the regular v1.6.1 to get the v1.7.1 update into the "official" Scrivener folder. It does not hurt running it also from the Beta, but you probably want one and only Scrivener running and having "Beta" in the installation path is not nice.

Tr
Treon

Tue May 27, 2014 11:19 am Post

Can you please describe the procedure?

When I opened the 1.6 Scrivener, it warned me against installing the update, and asked me to remove all other installations first. But when I go to 'control panel' -> 'programs and features', there's only one Scrivener listed there. I do not want to remove anything I shouldn't.

Should I uninstall manually instead?

Also, as the 1.7 betas added various functionality, I made use of it, such as adding templates and project note tabs. If I install with the original 1.6 version, will I need to redefine everything? If that's the case, then I'd just use the beta to update.

Treon

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Tue May 27, 2014 12:58 pm Post

The easiest way would be to download the full installer of v1.7.1.0 via the following link:
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scriv ... taller.exe

1) Close Scrivener
2) Delete manually the Beta Version folder. If you have more than one Beta versions installed, delete them all. Leave only one Scrivener installation folder, preferably the v1.6.1 installation folder.
3) Run the v1.7.1 full installer. If you have existing 1.6.1 installation, install it over the old v1.6.1 location. If not, install it in any folder you find convenient and have access rights. Default paths provided by the full installer are always a good choice.

The full installer will overwrite the previous version of the application, but will also load your previous Beta settings.

Tr
Treon

Tue May 27, 2014 1:58 pm Post

Worked perfectly. Thank you!