1.7.0.5 - Footnote font index number is not a super script

r6d2
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:49 pm Post

I've noticed that when compiling with the Beta3 release (also present in Beta5 ) the footnote index number is not super scripted on the reference part, it looks like this:

This is a line with a footnote1.

On the current 1.6 release it compiles OK.

I'm using the same settings in both platforms.

Anyone can reproduce this? Maybe it's a bug...
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

r6d2

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:58 pm Post

Just checked, this behaviour is also present in Beta5 when "Override text and notes formatting" is enabled. As posted before, the 1.6 release shows a true superscript even if this options is enabled.

If this is a new feature for the upcoming version, how may I have the footnote index number be presented as a superscript within the text?
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

MimeticMouton

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:16 pm Post

Oops, sorry, I didn't realise I hadn't replied to this one. It is a known bug but unfortunately a pretty tricky one to get at, so it hasn't been managed yet. For the time being I'd suggest compiling to RTF and then saving to PDF from Word.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

r6d2

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:22 pm Post

Thanks, Jennifer, I'll try that on the meantime. Best regards,
r6d2

--Julio Cortázar

r6d2

Tue May 13, 2014 3:53 pm Post

Fixed in Beta 6 indeed! Thanks!
r6d2

--Julio Cortázar