1.7.0.2 (and earlier) Tools > Spelling shortcut keys

Sp
SpringfieldMH
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:36 pm Post

In 1.6.1, 1.7.0.1 and 1.7.0.2, I'm experiencing a problem with the Ctrl+G and Ctrl+Q shortcut keys for Tools > Spelling not working most of the time. Don't think I ever got a response from Ctrl+G. Only got an occassional response from Ctrl+Q.

Windows 8.1 Pro, IBM/Lenovo laptop keyboard.
I'm a Scrivener enthusiast and (used to be) experienced in PC/network support... but I am not a Scrivener expert. And I'm still editing on my first book. So take any opinion or advice I offer with a large grain of salt.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:56 pm Post

This is a combination shortcut; you need to use Ctrl+G, Ctrl+Q all together, not one or the other. So, e.g., hold the Ctrl key then press and release G, then press and release Q, and release Ctrl.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Sp
SpringfieldMH
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:06 pm Post

Sorry about that. Thanks.
I'm a Scrivener enthusiast and (used to be) experienced in PC/network support... but I am not a Scrivener expert. And I'm still editing on my first book. So take any opinion or advice I offer with a large grain of salt.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:13 pm Post

No problem, I know that the combos like that aren't as common; it comes from having a lot of menu options that want shortcuts, like in Visual Studio. You may want to go to the Keyboard tab of Tools > Options and change shortcuts for items you use regularly--you can always remove them from items you *don't* use to free some of the simpler keystrokes.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)