1.7.0.2 - Appearance of Highlight button

Li
Lilith
Platform: Windows

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:19 am Post

In the previous beta, I noticed that when a highlight is removed, the button keeps that (remove) position and appearance.

In 1.7.0.2, I can remove a highlight, but the button keeps the appearance of the last highlight colour used, and stays active for that colour (not for highlight remove).

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 am Post

It's a toggle, so it's working in 1.7.0.2 as it should.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Li
Lilith

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:39 am Post

In this case, is my guess right that the font colour button does not have the same behaviour, just because font keeps a colour, whereas hightlight doesn't ?

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:53 am Post

No, the text colour should be working as a toggle as well. Is it not doing so for you? E.g. if you apply green to a selection of text, then select just a portion of that text and click the text colour button again, it ought to remove the green colour to reveal your default editor text colour.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Li
Lilith

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:58 am Post

At first, I was not using the highlight button like a toggle, but using the right click and select the "remove hightlight" (top left square).
That is how I came to notice that the button remained yellow.
But the highlight colour I was removing was green.

Then, after your explanation, I tried the same with the font colour button (also using the right click and the "colour off" square).
There I noticed that the font colour button would not stay on a colour, but turn back to black.

After your second comment, I can see that both buttons behave correctly as toggles, but I also see that the colour display on the button is not the same on hightlight as on font colour.
- Font colour button keeps the last colour used (in case of "remove colour", it switches to black)
- Highlight button does not show any "remove colour", nor does it work as a toggle, if a different highlight colour is selected (in that case, it will turn green to blue for example, depending on the "active" colour). That means click twice to really remove another colour than the active one. (This is ok to me).