Cork board hover text too short

robertdguthrie
Platform: Mac

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:45 pm Post

When I'm on the cork board and my mouse pointer hovers over a card, I get a text pop-up of the synopsis. This pop-over shows less text than the card's visible synopsis. And to add annoyance to redundancy, the hovering text window obstructs some of the text of the index card!

That seems kind of pointless... shouldn't that hover text be suppressed if it's not going to show me more synopsis text than is visible on the cork board without it? Is there a way to turn it off entirely?
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

si
simeva
Platform: Windows

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:13 am Post

I've seen this in older versions. It would be more useful to have metadata in a pop-up. And certainly nice to turn it off.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:23 am Post

There's not a way to turn off the tooltips. It should, however, be displaying the beginning of the document text, rather than the synopsis.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

robertdguthrie
Platform: Mac

Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:47 pm Post

These are synopses which do not yet have any document text, so I guess it's picking up the first few words of the synopsis instead. Many of them do have document notes, if that makes any difference.
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:38 pm Post

Oh, I meant to say that it's buggy now, in that it's giving the synopsis text rather than the main document text as it should be doing. Same on the outliner. There's a bug report filed for these.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)