1.7.0.1 Corkboard & Project Properties

Ke
Kenny
Platform: Windows

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:45 am Post

I'm adding all my blank scenes into scrivener. When I do this in corkboard it adds the new scene as a sub-scene to the one I already added. This is unless I click to research and back in to draft again.

In Project Properties the bracketed text to the right of the text boxes are only visible with the top half.

Also a question: is there a way of creating 48 (or so) blank scenes in a single step rather than creating them one at a time?

Kenny

Marta

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:34 am Post

Kenny wrote:I'm adding all my blank scenes into scrivener. When I do this in corkboard it adds the new scene as a sub-scene to the one I already added. This is unless I click to research and back in to draft again.

In Project Properties the bracketed text to the right of the text boxes are only visible with the top half.

Also a question: is there a way of creating 48 (or so) blank scenes in a single step rather than creating them one at a time?

Kenny

Kenny
I make one blank scene then select duplicate, then select BOTH, duplicate those 2, which gives me 4=8=16=32=64 and so forth.
There may be a smarter way, but that's what I do and it takes seconds
Marta
Scrivener 1.9.7.0
http://www.spookyfilms.com

Sp
SpringfieldMH
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:55 am Post

I tend to do it like Marta does.

An alternate way of adding a single new card/item in corkboard mode is to point at an empty spot on the board, right click and do Add > New Text.

Keyboard shortcut version of adding a single new card/item is Ctrl+N. Which one could do many times in rapid succession if one wished, counting as one goes, to generate sufficient new cards/items.
Last edited by SpringfieldMH on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Scrivener enthusiast and (used to be) experienced in PC/network support... but I am not a Scrivener expert. And I'm still editing on my first book. So take any opinion or advice I offer with a large grain of salt.

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:05 am Post

There was a bug with the way new items are created when the Corkboard is in focus. It has been adjusted in v1.7.0.2. The new version inserts items also in Scrivenings mode. Give it a try and let us know if you still spot any inconveniences with the way new items are created.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:03 am Post

Kenny wrote:In Project Properties the bracketed text to the right of the text boxes are only visible with the top half.

I'm not seeing this with the default settings on Windows 7. Do you have Windows text scaling on (set from the Control Panel), or have you increased the size of the Scrivener menus and windows text in the Appearance options?
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Ke
Kenny

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:20 am Post

I'm using Windows 8.1 with the Font BulletinTypewriter.

I have included a screenshot to show the issue. Sadly I am not sure how to crop the image (so excuse Media Monkey on the right hand screen).
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (281.65 KiB) Viewed 893 times