1.7.0.1 - Lists in compile

Li
Lilith
Platform: Windows

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 am Post

I compiled several files with numbered lists (to the printer and to pdf).

The titles either have no number at all, or they have a bullet instead.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:36 am Post

Thanks for the report. We have some list-compile issues that we're looking into which I think match up with this--lists using incorrect formatting/bullet styles or losing the bullet/number entirely--so I'll add your case. Are the lists at the beginning or end of the document, or is there other text before and after them in the document? (I mean in the binder document, not the compiled one.) Do you also have bullet lists in the project, or just the numbered lists?
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Li
Lilith

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:19 pm Post

In the binder, there is text before and after the list.
Even inside the files of this particular compile (at least in some of them) there is some text before and after.
The numbered items are numbered titles, not just a list, so that there are at least two or three paragraphs without numbering between two of them.

And that was in 1.7.0.1
I haven't tried this in 1.7.0.2 yet.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:07 pm Post

Lilith wrote:The numbered items are numbered titles, not just a list, so that there are at least two or three paragraphs without numbering between two of them.

So you have just one numbered line, then regular text, then another numbered line a few paragraphs down, etc.? Are the numbered lines actually in list format?
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Li
Lilith

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:45 am Post

Yes, they are in list format and I'm desperately seeking for the best way to get this to work once and for all.

A "title" can be more than a line, depending on what is said, but yes, let's consider it like this.

It is a multilevel list, starting from what I call "title" in this case. Then I give an explanation to it, which can be of one line or one paragraph or more.
Between these paragraphs, there will be more of those "titles", of another level. My draft just has not reached to that point yet : the texts are written but have still to be sorted out and connected.

I'm using this system to refer to certain points in other parts of the same work.

This is not fiction, but partly personal experience, and partly research, that I wish to connect together in the clearest way I can.