Binder Icons of Previously Created projects

Sanguinius
Platform: Windows

Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:00 am Post

I have multiple projects that were created with 1.5.6, and after switching to the 1.7.0.1 beta, some of them have different icons in their binders. Specifically, I'm talking about the "Template Sheets" icons. Some of my projects have the old folder icon, some have a new blue square with a 'T' in the middle. Also, the projects that have the 'T' in a square have different icons for the template sheets themselves, a document with a 'T' in a box in the bottom right.

I can't get the two types of projects to agree which icon to use. For instance, if I try dragging the Template Sheets folder or any of its subdocuments from one project to another, the icon changes to that of the destination project. I see no way to change these icons. Is there some reason some of my projects would have the one set of icons, and the others would have a different set? Maybe having to do with the template that they were created from in the first place?

robertdguthrie
Platform: Mac

Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:11 am Post

I would guess that some of the projects' templates folders were automatically detected by the Scrivener beta, while the others were not for some reason. Probably has to do with some internal toggle that was already there from a template. In any event, you should be able to select a template folder and visit the the following menu: Documents->Set Selection as Template Folder. (This is the location on the Mac, apologies if it's not in the same place on Windows, but a similar menu should exist in the beta).

Enabling the folder as a template folder is what puts all the blue T's in place, and makes those documents available in the Project->New from Template menu.
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?