Text During Install -- no time to read

TromboneAl
Platform: Mac

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 pm Post

Thanks for letting me use the beta.

You display text during the installation process. There's not enough time to read it -- not even close. Also, the fonts aren't clear, and I noticed a stylistic problem or two. I recommend nixing that altogether.

For example, I know what you mean to say by "You can work in any order," but that doesn't make sense. You'd need to say something like "You can work on different parts of your project in any order." Since this is a literary product, things like that matter.
Al Macy
Scrivener Version 3.1.4
iMac 21.5 Version 10.15.1

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:30 pm Post

The speed of installation will depend on the system hardware and available memory, so this differs for everyone; displaying promo text to read while the installation progresses is a common practice. These are just snippets talking about the software, nothing that provides instructions on the setup. They're just filler while you watch a boring progress bar. :)
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

TromboneAl
Platform: Mac

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:26 pm Post

I understand, but if you put up text it should be readable. No one likes to read halfway through something, and have it disappear. If the text has no value, don't put it up.
Al Macy
Scrivener Version 3.1.4
iMac 21.5 Version 10.15.1

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:57 pm Post

Understandable. I've put it on the list.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)