New Compile Bug with 1.7.01

L'
L'escritora
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:55 am Post

Previously, until I started using this beta, I was able to organize my compile like this

Manuscript
| (level 1 document, a style guide document excluded from compile)
| (level 1 document, a title page included in compile )
Prologue (level 1 document included in compile)
|
Part 1 Folder (level 1)
|| Chapter one folder (level 2)

and so on.

When I compiled before the beta, the prologue would be included. All I had to do was click include at the compile stage. Now the Prologue is ignored (Even though explicitly included) unless I move it into the Part 1 folder.

User avatar
MimeticMouton
Posts: 8722
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:39 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: city of rain
Contact:

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:05 am Post

Could you post a screenshot of your binder showing this top section of the Manuscript folder, and of your compile Formatting settings? There's nothing preventing compile of level 1 documents in the beta, so it would help to see specifically the settings for this project that isn't working as you expect.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

L'
L'escritora
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:10 pm Post

Sure. As you can see, the Prologue is directly above the Part 1 folder, (Lightning ...). The prologue is just a document, and previously this was not an issue. Now in order for it to appear in a compiled RTF file (or any other), I have to move it into the Part 1 folder, at the same level as the Chapter folders. I hope this clarifies things.
Attachments
screenshot-for-literature-and-latte.jpg
screenshot-for-literature-and-latte.jpg (10.18 KiB) Viewed 697 times

User avatar
MimeticMouton
Posts: 8722
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:39 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: city of rain
Contact:

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:37 pm Post

Thanks for the binder screenshot. Could you also post one of the Formatting compile options for level 1 documents? In compile, click the blue arrow button to the right of the Format As drop-down menu to expand the dialog, then select Formatting on the left and click into the document Level 1 (or Level 1+) row in the table (the icon of the row should match the icon of the prologue in your binder). The settings there determine how this document type is compiled. It could be that none of the columns are selected for that row, so nothing is compiling; if "Text" isn't checked, try selecting it and running the compile again.

Also, to clarify, is the title page being included in compile, and is it set to compile as-is? I'm assuming the prologue is not, so this would make a difference if you're seeing the one and not the other, since as-is documents *always* compile *only* their document text, regardless of the compile formatting settings.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

L'
L'escritora
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:54 pm Post

Yeah, the title page is not set to compile, simply because it's the generic basic one and not the fancy one I made :). If you wonder, I moved the fancy one to a folder titled Front Matter, since I noticed that this beta offered the Front Matter option (a big :D for that). The Style Guide is also excluded from compiling.
The prologue is the only one in the screenshot from the previous post that should compile.
screenshot-2-for-Scrivener.jpg
screenshot-2-for-Scrivener.jpg (37.11 KiB) Viewed 680 times


And here is the other part of the compile setting:

screenshot-3-for-scrivener.jpg
screenshot-3-for-scrivener.jpg (40.91 KiB) Viewed 680 times


Let me know if I should add anything else.

L'
L'escritora
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:33 pm Post

I've closed the file and opened it again. The glitch is gone; the prologue compiles as normal now. So, all is well.

Thanks for adding the other improvements (the Front Matter in particular).

User avatar
MimeticMouton
Posts: 8722
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:39 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: city of rain
Contact:

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:41 pm Post

Very strange! Post if you see it again and, if you can remember, include what you last did in the project prior to attempting the compile. There may be some bug being triggered by earlier actions. Anyway, glad it's working now!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)