Disappearing cursor

Ma
Martie
Platform: Windows

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm Post

When I drag text from another application to Scrivener, the cursor disappears. This happens even when I drag text between Scrivener projects.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:12 am Post

Thanks, we've already been taking a look into this and should have it fixed for the next update.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

De
DebraT
Platform: Windows

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:13 pm Post

I had open the binder, corkboard on one document panel, and open document in another. I *think* I used the shift or control key to highlight some text for italics. The cursor locked up and neither mouse nor arrow keys would move it. They did, however, cause the focus to move among header bars and even act as undo/redo keys would. So somehow I must have triggered a key-combo that navigates on that level, rather than within the document. I had to close and reopen Scrivener to get back to editing the document. It has not recurred.

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:19 am Post

DebraT wrote:I had open the binder, corkboard on one document panel, and open document in another. I *think* I used the shift or control key to highlight some text for italics. The cursor locked up and neither mouse nor arrow keys would move it. They did, however, cause the focus to move among header bars and even act as undo/redo keys would. So somehow I must have triggered a key-combo that navigates on that level, rather than within the document. I had to close and reopen Scrivener to get back to editing the document. It has not recurred.

Jen/team,

This sounds like another version of the cursor lock-up I had in inspector footnotes, which I reported a few days ago.
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.2, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 13.3, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …