Setting destination editor pane for Scrivener Links?

JJ
JJSlote
Platform: Windows
Location: Bugs bugging me most as of Beta 38: LH4210, LH4222.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:17 am Post

First off, this is a terrific release. :D Thanks for the many improvements, which included quite a few on my wish list.

Scrivener Links are now opening in the same editor pane they're clicked in. Previously, per the manual, "Scrivener Links (but not ordinary hyperlinks to the Web) will open a split editor (if necessary) and load the linked item in the split." (9.4).

Can't see a way to restore the prior behavior...suggestions?

Rgds -- Jerome

JJ
JJSlote

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:06 am Post

Update: I see there's a right click on the link that lets the user choose the destination editor. However:

1) This doesn't work on a second link from the same document. One and done.
2) There are express keys for Current Editor and Other Editor, but none for the command itself (Open Scrivener Link In...)
3) Still need to be able to set the default destination to the other editor, in my view.

Thanks -- Jerome

JJ
JJSlote

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:21 am Post

Bump, lest this thread be overlooked. It's not that I'm concerned Scrivener's doing away with opening links in the opposite pane as a default option: that's in the Mac 2.0 manual after all. Merely hoping to see this essential capability restored for the next Beta, as its absence is keeping me on the testing sidelines for now.

Rgds -- Jerome

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:27 am Post

Thanks, I've got this on the list. In my testing (albeit I'm on a slightly newer build), the second link does open as specified via the context menu, but it takes two clicks; the first click on "Other editor" does nothing, not even closing the menu, but the second click loads the document in the second editor. I'm not sure if that's what you're seeing or not, but naturally it ought to work on the initial click, so that's on the list. Likewise the access keys and correcting the default to the other editor. We also do have plans to add options for customising the default behavior when clicking a link or creating a new link, although that may be a bit down the road still.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

JJ
JJSlote

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:05 pm Post

Wonderful, MM. Thank you. -- JJS