Dialogue Boxes Partially in Foreign Language[NOTED]

Aunty Socialite
Platform: Windows

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 pm Post

Have tried a search for my new problem, without luck.

Thank you so much for the Betas, which solved my problems with compiling a chaptered work.

Now several of my dialogue boxes have tabs in a foreign language (looks like the Russian alphabet):

screenshot russian dialog box.jpg
screenshot russian dialog box.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 926 times

Several boxes I have to use have tabs like this. You guys should charge me extra! :wink:

Bug? Or me being thick?

Thanks in advance. If this post gets deleted I 'll know it's been addressed somehwere else.

Best wishes AS
'I've got a crazy American wife and I'm not afraid to use her.'
---my Welsh husband :mrgreen:

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:27 pm Post

What does the Language drop-down menu in the General options tab say? I have mine set to English and do not see Cyrillic in the position you indicate.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ay
Aycae

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:13 am Post

[edit: I checked again but beta 1.1.0.7 doesn't have British English option any more, as such rendering my wild guess quite obsolete :) .]

Did you get this error after you changed your interface language to British English? I had reported a similar issue for beta 1.1.0.5 here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18727#p128396
Interface Language: Doesn't work properly. I have tried to changed it to British English, and it gave me the Cyrillic interface :? (Ukrainian, I believe --UK, anyone :) )

As it is, I had the same problem then, when I selected the British English interface language option, and it gave me the Cyrillic interface. However unlikely it may be, my wild guess is that the language reference codes mistake British English (UK English; generally indicated with en-GB) with the Ukrainian language code (UK). I do not know what the situation with Scrivener is, as the issue was not discussed further; this is just a (veeery) wild guess :D

Cheers,
Ayca
Windows 7 x64 (main) -- Ubuntu 10.10 on VirtualBox + Mac OSX Leopard

LAP

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:10 pm Post

Yes, we are aware of this thank you.

The issue is that translations are an ongoing process, every time we make changes or add a feature we need to get someone to translate this aspect of the interface.

We'll fix this.
Lee

Aunty Socialite

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:52 pm Post

Thank you everyone for your replies - haven't been able to use the site for a little while so wasn't able to say before now that I appreciate your help.

AS :)
'I've got a crazy American wife and I'm not afraid to use her.'
---my Welsh husband :mrgreen: