1.1.0.5 Beta RELEASED

LAP
Platform: Windows

Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 am Post

Here is the download link to the latest Scrivener beta for Windows - Beta 1.1.0.5

This beta expires mid June 2012

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scriv ... taller.exe

Lee

Al
AleksRonin

Sat May 26, 2012 9:30 am Post

Language option will not work. Any item other than Bulgarian or English takes only two button Apply - Undo.
The choice of the Bulgarian language interface translates completely.

Ay
Aycae

Sat May 26, 2012 1:10 pm Post

First findings:
-Clean install (totally removed the previous beta w/dedicated uninstaller software, cleaned the registry and restarted the PC Win7x64 - user accounts on separate partition [eg. D:\Users\username])
  • ScratchPad crashes on text input (I have located the ScratchPad folder in Scrivener User AppData folder (i.e. D:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Scrivener\Scrivener\ScratchPad\ )
  • Interface Language: Doesn't work properly. I have tried to changed it to British English, and it gave me the Cyrillic interface :? (Ukrainian, I believe --UK, anyone :) )
  • The keyboard shortcut settings do not work properly - this was also a problem in the previous betas (See Franz Josef's post viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18719. I think the keyboard shortcuts do not work as they should with different keyboard layouts than the software interface language: e.g. if Scrivener is installed in English and the keyboard layout of the PC is set to German, for instance, Scrivener keyboard shortcuts do not conform to the keyboard layout of the user but apply an English keyboard when trying to edit/apply keyboard shortcuts from the options panel. This makes it -the keyboard shortcuts highly unusable for those of us using non-English layouts.
  • This is still an issue in 1.1.0.5:
    The green "tick" icons that appeared on the Main Toolbar 'Script Mode' and 'Typewriter Scrolling' icons when you selected any of these functions disappeared in 1.1.0.4 - it is just a pressed button now.
  • Not sure of this, as this might well be related to monitor settings, but anyway: in the full-screen mode, when the 'paper position' is set to centre, the 'paper' very slightly approaches leftwards - 1-2 mm. at the most,
Cheers,
Ayca
Windows 7 x64 (main) -- Ubuntu 10.10 on VirtualBox + Mac OSX Leopard

garpu
Platform: Linux

Sat May 26, 2012 1:24 pm Post

On the scratch pad, I haven't had an issue with my / key, and I don't have troubles with text input. I did, however, pull it up through the menu, because I thought Lee said the keyboard shortcut would be changing. (So I'm trying to unlearn it.) Could that make a difference?
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE

Ay
Aycae

Sat May 26, 2012 3:10 pm Post

The shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P now, and it works correctly for me, too (I had cleared the user settings to see the default options coming with the new beta).

On the keyboard shortcuts issue I mentioned, however, I may revise my earlier statement, as I am still not sure whether this is a keyboard layout issue or not. I think the keyboard shortcuts work fine with accelerator keys+letters combinations in different keyboard layouts as well. But when you use a keyboard shortcut combination that contain special characters like [,{,\, etc. there occurs a problem. In my case, for instance, when I press Ctrl+, (',' is a dedicated keyboard button that simply gives the comma ',' character), I get Ctrl+/ in Scrivener (also in Options>Keyboard), which is not possible to produce with the given key combination in my layout and in other software -it can only produce Ctrl+, when used with Ctrl, ` character when used with Alt Gr or Ctrl+Shift, or ; when used with Shift. This is why I thought Scrivener might be taking the keyboard shortcut commands from the program interface language rather than the pc keyboard layout -or some other intricacies that I do not know. I hope it is a bit clearer now -my gut feeling is that this explanation makes it even more complicated :P .

The crashing ScratchPad issue, however, needs cross-check by other beta testers (if it only crashes on me, then this won't be the first time :D )

Cheers,
Ayca
edith: just inserted some line breaks to separate the bulk of text :)
Last edited by Aycae on Sun May 27, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

garpu
Platform: Linux

Sat May 26, 2012 3:32 pm Post

Are you using WINE, a VM, or the windows version on windows? I'm using WINE and windows with 1.1.0.5, and haven't had an issue.
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE

Ay
Aycae

Sat May 26, 2012 3:51 pm Post

No, I am using Windows 7 x64 on a non-English keyboard layout (assuming you are asking re keyboard shortcuts issue).

je
jeepea

Sat May 26, 2012 8:32 pm Post

I'm having no trouble with the Scratch Pad no matter how I bring it up. The shortcut key combo Ctrl+Shift+/ works as expected. This is on my Thinkpad using Windows 7 32-Bit.

Ay
Aycae

Sun May 27, 2012 12:25 am Post

@jeepa, I do not have any keyboard shortcuts issue with the ScratchPad, either; as I said above. I can bring it up with Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P -the new default key combo. I just cannot write anything into ScratchPad, as it crashes on any keyboard input -i.e. when you try to type something into it (on the settings & conditions, also mentioned above).

Cheers,
Ayca

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun May 27, 2012 12:47 am Post

Ayca -- I was getting the crashing Scratch Pad as you describe working on a Win7x64 VM; started in a previous beta and continued with 1.1.0.5 until I wiped the Options from the registry, after which the Scratch Pad has worked without crashing. I haven't pinned down the cause, as I didn't get this issue on any of my other setups, and all have used the default location for the Scratch Pad notes, though I did muck around a lot with scratch pad testing in this set up at some point a while ago and may easily have triggered something then. Scrivener's installed in Program Files (x86) and is in the same partition as my user account--pretty standard set up there--so that's another factor different from your system.

Anyway, I'm not sure this is entirely helpful since you mentioned already clearing the registry when you installed, but you might want to try closing Scrivener and then deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Scrivener\Scrivener\Options\ and restarting the program to see if that works. (Of course it'll clear all your preferences, so you may want to save them first so you can reload them if this doesn't make any difference. Select "Save Preferences" from the "Manage" drop-down in Options to do this before closing Scrivener and deleting the key.)
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Ay
Aycae

Sun May 27, 2012 1:48 am Post

Jennifer thanks a lot, this totally worked :) Me too, this happened to me earlier in 1.1.0.1 as well. I was preparing to remove Scrivener completely, delete registry and reinstall it and I saw your post. I deleted the entire 'Scrivener' key at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and restarted Scrivener. It works now - and even after I changed the ScratchPad folder path.
I believe it may still have something to do with the earlier discussions on crashing ScratchPad @ viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17986 and viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17985.
Thank you again,
Ayca

Ph
Philipp

Mon May 28, 2012 6:40 pm Post

I'm getting an error trying to create a pdf from a mmd2tex file. Says it's missing the rtf graphics extension.

! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .rtf.

I used a normal Scrivener Link to another Node, just like in the manual. Is this not implemented yet?

Ph
Philipp

Mon May 28, 2012 11:02 pm Post

I get a constant crash when trying to empty the trash that contains an image.

Also, I am not able to add images with captions included in my document, always has errors when cpoling from tex to pdf. I think I tried every possible way I read off.

Trying to compile your Guide converts correctly to tex, but many images are missing inside (there is only example_image.png and example-image.png), in texworks I have the same errors.

The only way I can get them where they belong is to add an image link (select text and then link to a file), do a compile (the images are exported) and the remove the links again.

Could please someone check this out?

Another thing, when I turn on 'Show invisibles' it only shows me the first space at the end of a line, why is that? When I type a letter at the end I get all spaces shown up suddenly. I don't understand what this is for..? Is this an option I missed?

Cross-References work on Headers, can I also reference them to standard nodes?

LAP

Tue May 29, 2012 12:33 am Post

Aycae wrote:[*]ScratchPad crashes on text input (I have located the ScratchPad folder in Scrivener User AppData folder (i.e. D:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Scrivener\Scrivener\ScratchPad\ )...
Ayca

Hi Aycae, I have tried wiping everything (registry and fresh install) and can't get scratchpad to crash and can't replicate it. In the minidump directory of the Scrivener directory i.e.C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener\minidump there will be a bunch of crashdump files. Delete them and then reproduce the scratchpad crash again. This will create a new minidump crash file. If you can send this to me at lee AT literatureandlatte DOT come then I will take a look at this.

Lee

LAP

Tue May 29, 2012 12:40 am Post

Philipp wrote:I get a constant crash when trying to empty the trash that contains an image.

Also, I am not able to add images with captions included in my document, always has errors when cpoling from tex to pdf. I think I tried every possible way I read off.

Trying to compile your Guide converts correctly to tex, but many images are missing inside (there is only example_image.png and example-image.png), in texworks I have the same errors.

The only way I can get them where they belong is to add an image link (select text and then link to a file), do a compile (the images are exported) and the remove the links again.

Could please someone check this out?

Another thing, when I turn on 'Show invisibles' it only shows me the first space at the end of a line, why is that? When I type a letter at the end I get all spaces shown up suddenly. I don't understand what this is for..? Is this an option I missed?

Cross-References work on Headers, can I also reference them to standard nodes?

The show invisibles bug is still not marked as fixed.

If you can send me your Scrivener project I can take a look at what's causing the image detaching issue: lee AT literatureandlatte.com. Images should all be detached automatically, I'm not sure how you are embedding them in MMD?

Lee