Beta 1.1.2 Will be release by Monday [RESOLVED]

LAP
Platform: Windows

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:09 am Post

Just a general update regarding the bug that forces users to re-enter registration details when returning to 1.0.3. Well I thought I knew what this one was, but it turns out I was wrong. Tiho, after a few days of wrestling and the occasional expletive I'm sure, has discovered the cause and has a fix. The rationale for Monday release, is it gives us more time to resolve some of the other issues as well. So, hang in there please and thanks for the great feedback that I'm slowly getting through.
Lee

gw
gwsk5597

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:01 pm Post

That was fast. Thanks for all the hard work.

How many betas do you think there'll be before the final release?

ab
abt123

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:56 am Post

Hi, I've just downloaded your current version, and because of the errors in it, I was looking around and found the Beta version. I'm still getting some pretty serious errors when I compile. It switches pictures, distorts them, and actually fails to display some "chapters".

I like your product a lot :D , but I can't use it in the condition it is now in. :cry:

I've tried to send the generated PDF and Source, your interface does not allow "scrivx" extensions, and the PDF is 2.5 mb and will not accept it either.

I'm actually an IBM Mainframer Systems Programmer, but I would be interested in becoming a Beta tester for this. I went out and looked at ULYSSES and like your approach better.
Perhaps I could e-mail you the files?

Thank you.
Allen T.

ab
abt123

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:06 am Post

One other quaestion, how do you remove a link?

orig -> The new decade began with every indication that it would be a good one. The efforts of the previous decade seemed to be bearing fruit. Back on 12 March 1946 the "Truman Doctrine" had been issued:

I click on "truman Doc" and select "TRASH" and get this, with "trash" inserted and "truman Doc" still setup as a link.

result ->The new decade began with every indicationTrash that it would be a good one. The efforts of the previous decade seemed to be bearing fruit. Back on 12 March 1946 the "Truman Doctrine" had been issued:

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Allen T.
Allen B Thompson

na
nathanzal

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:02 pm Post

abt123 wrote:One other quaestion, how do you remove a link?

1. Select the link; make sure every part of it is highlighted.
2. Pull down the Edit menu and select "Unlink."

na
nathanzal

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:21 pm Post

abt123 wrote:Hi, I've just downloaded your current version, and because of the errors in it, I was looking around and found the Beta version. I'm still getting some pretty serious errors when I compile. It switches pictures, distorts them, and actually fails to display some "chapters".

By "errors" I assume you mean not program errors (crashes, and the like) but that the output isn't what you were expecting.

For your fine formatting needs, especially if you have critical things like pictures or tables, it might be a better idea to export your document into something like Word or Libre Office and do your final tweaking there; Scrivener is not a "camera ready copy" producing program, though it's pretty darn good at what it does do, and with experience you can get pretty close.

As for the missing chapters, well, that entirely depends on the organization of the document (folders and sub-folders), whether they're marked "include in compile," and what the compile settings are. For instance, if the "Text" box isn't ticked in the Comple / Formatting window, nothing is output for that level of document. A close reading of the manual should help, though it takes a while to get the hang of this aspect of Scrivener.

Why don't you post a screenshot of your compile settings, and maybe of your binder organization? You could also create a zip file of the document and upload that, if it isn't too big.

Sincerely,

Nathan

garpu
Platform: Linux

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:37 pm Post

Question: Should we do a clean uninstall/reinstall or just install over the top? (i.e. upgrade)
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE