Scrivener for AVLinux?

garpu
Platform: Linux

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:05 am Post

We all could cultivate more slack in our lives, however. :)
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:04 am Post

Image In polite, civilised society, we haven't used slack, since the advent of he Clean Air Act 1956:

An Act to make provision for abating the pollution of the air.

[5th July, 1956]
Be it enactedby the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows :—
Dark Smoke
1Prohibition of dark smoke from chimneys
(1)Subject to the provisions of this Act, dark smoke shall not be emitted from a chimney of any building, and if, on any day, dark smoke is so emitted, the occupier of the building shall be guilty of an offence. :shock:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:41 am Post

Not sure I'd say that of "linux engineer" type. Hobbyists, yes. Engineers make their living doing something in their field. Time is money. That leads to "faster is better" hence the very wide adoption of rpm and deb based dists in professional circles. It is rare to build something from source unless you need to make explicit customizations, you are working in security, or you are a developer.

But I digress. None of this matters. In the end all the options are "tainted" these days. That or I'm jaded. Or both. Is 7am too early to start drinking?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k

Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:40 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:But I digress. True. None of this matters. Probably not. In the end all the options are "tainted" these days. Probably That or I'm jaded. Or both. Possibly. Is 7am too early to start drinking? Jameson and/or Guiness? No. Aything else … yes!!

Ciao amigo :wink:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

dt
dtw
Platform: Linux + Windows

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:09 am Post

The preceding gentlemen have spoken with true eloquence.

Might I humbly add, with the most supreme reticence, that we also shut our darkened windows, and eat no poisoned apples.

Pencils and pulp, my good friends. Words and deeds.

vic-k

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:16 pm Post

dtw wrote:The preceding gentlemen have spoken with true eloquence.
Might I humbly add, with the most supreme reticence, that we also shut our darkened windows, and eat no poisoned apples.
Pencils and pulp, my good friends. Words and deeds.

"While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it
(your words) in the deep heart's core". sorry WB

For was it not but yesterday and the day before, that I scoured that accursed and abominable internet for a realistically priced fountain pen, with a nib so fine, one would be forgiven for believing that what you beheld on the page before you, was indeed written by a passing butterfly, after having landed on an adjacent ink pad. This pen, once acquired, along with a suitable 49p imitation Moleskin note book, would accompany me on my daily meanderings along the local avenues, highways and byways, in search of sustenance for both body and soul.

As alluded to by both young Jaysen and your good self, Sir, the tainted produce from Cupertino and Redmond should indeed, be handled with care, and only when needs must.
Take care,
A fellow Traveller.

Jaysen

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:50 pm Post

vic-k wrote:... on my daily meanderings along the local avenues, highways and byways, ...

Sir, while "to know you is to ..." nope.. won't work. Which is the problem

Just be careful no one calls the constabulary to report a suspicious HAW lurking about and casing the neighborhood... you wouldn't want that delicate pen to become damage while in the keeping of the local jailer...

;)
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:06 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Just be careful no one calls the constabulary to report a suspicious HAW lurking about and casing the neighborhood... you wouldn't want that delicate pen to become damage while in the keeping of the local jailer...
Thank you for your concern, young fella … much appreciated. However, I need not remind you, surely, that, "... many wearing rapiers are afraid of goose-quills and dare scarce come thither."
Take care,
Vic (HAW) :wink:

dt
dtw
Platform: Linux + Windows

Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:13 am Post

'At ev'ry Trifle scorn to take Offence,
That always shows Great Pride, or Little Sense.'

vic-k

Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:22 am Post

dtw wrote:'At ev'ry Trifle scorn to take Offence,
That always shows Great Pride, or Little Sense.'

Aye … :roll:too true.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;"
Tell me about it. :( Don't I know. :cry: