Drag-and-Drop Possible: WINE<-->X?

kr
kraml
Platform: Linux + Windows

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:09 pm Post

Is it possible to drag and drop text from an application running under X (say, Zotero Standalone) to an application running under WINE (say, Scrivener?). It does not happen for me, but I gather that in some instances drag and drop across the two does work for some. Thx, k

P.S. The reason that I can't use native Scrivener in Linux is because in some instances footnotes go bye-bye under the latest release. Bad for researchers . . . .
Last edited by kraml on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ha
happydemic

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:22 am Post

Quick aside re. your PS - I sometimes lose footnotes with cut and paste on Linux 1.7.2.3 on Linux, but I find they always come back if I undo and paste a second time - I found it easier to do that than to switch to WINE.

kr
kraml

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:50 am Post

happydemic wrote:Quick aside re. your PS - I sometimes lose footnotes with cut and paste

Thx. I re-explored the footnote problem just now. I find that when pasting to match formatting, the footnotes go bye-bye. If I do a simple paste, they seem to stay intact. I can't recall if I was losing them under other circumstances as well, though. Perhaps the Linux "update" that follows the upcoming windows update will catch this issue too. Hint-hint-hint-hint-hint . . . hint-hint.
Last edited by kraml on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

kr
kraml

Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:10 am Post

Forgive me for developing further this caveat: even within the same document I cannot by any method cut and paste a string containing footnotes without losing the footnotes. Copy and paste works with certain methods [CTRL-V]. Pasting twice, as mentioned above, also inserts the footnote with the second operation.

garpu
Platform: Linux

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:31 pm Post

Last time I tried, it was hit or miss. It depends on your desktop, I think. (KDE worked, others not so much. I haven't tried everything.) There are ways to tweak it, I'm told: http://wiki.winehq.org/FileManager
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE