1.7.x for linux?

Gr
Graybyrd
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:33 pm Post

Based on recent posts in the Windows forum, my guess is that the crew is still dashing about with Flit guns and fly swatters, dealing with errant insects. May be a bit longer yet. On the bright side, there'll fewer of 'em in the Linux version.
On my honor, I will do my best not to do anything unlawful, infringing, disruptive, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, lewd, profane, obscene, hateful or otherwise objectionable. Pinky Promise. :mrgreen:

Ma
Max
Platform: Windows

Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:33 am Post

That is brilliant. Like someone said above, while I don't use Windows, I've purchased a Windows license to put something in the jar for your work on Linux. :)

I do hope though that you'll make it a little bit easier on us 64-bit users and make a 64 bit version.

ti
titianmom
Platform: Linux

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:05 am Post

I'm enjoying Scrivener more and more on my Linux box; would definitely buy when avail! :)

zn
znmeb
Platform: Linux + Windows

Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:47 am Post

LAP wrote:Absolutely!

We will release a stand-alone, debian and hopefully an rpm build - no promises on the rpm, but we are aiming for it.

Lee

I believe the Qt build tools on Linux can make RPMs. The RStudio people make their RPMs that way, and I've found they work flawlessly on openSUSE and Fedora. They weren't very helpful when I asked them how to build them from source, but I'm guessing that's covered in the Qt documentation.

Meanwhile I did get the tarball to work on my 64-bit Fedora system so an RPM isn't crucial.

li
linux68s
Platform: Linux

Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:50 pm Post

Just started using Scrivener on Linux and it's great. Very nice program. I can tell the dev team has put a lot of thought into it. I just keep thinking, yep, this is what I need.

I'd love to buy the Linux version to support further development.

Is there a donation button somewhere?

LAP
Platform: Windows

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:33 am Post

Thank you all for your kind words, it means a lot to Tiho and I - we're both proud of it. Firing it up in Fedora always puts a wee smile on my face - especially now with the PDF viewer and 64bit versions.

File import and export options are still slightly behind Windows with the number of options available, but given that we're not the in file format parsing business and I don't want to bog Scrivener down and contaminate it with some obese Java modules, I'm still at an impasse. Given that rtf and plain text are ubiquitous - it's not really too much of an issue if Linux Scrivener users can't import/export docx and import odt files directly - most are savvy enough to find a converter if they need to. However, if this is an issue and any one knows of open source or royalty free C++ based libs we can use for import/export docx/odt - I'm all ears.

Lee