This is great!

Th
ThatPoshGirl
Platform: Linux + Windows

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:16 am Post

I wish I had found this sooner. I've been outlining with Storybook, which I had already upgraded to the pro version. Storybook is fine, but I've reached a point where I feel like I am spending more time trying to force it to do what I want than I have been actually writing.

Scrivener is what I was looking for originally, but it didn't come up in any of my research, probably because I was looking for something specifically for Linux.

I stumbled onto Scrivener through a blog post on outlining and installed it on my Windows 7 guest in VirtualBox and really like it. I wasn't sure I wanted to have to launch VB every time I wanted to use it, though.

Anyway, I came in here to ask an unrelated question and realized there was a Linux version, which made my day. I saved the project that I was working on in Windows into my shared folder and was able to open it in the Linux version. So far, I don't see any problems with it.

I wish I had found this before I paid for Storybook.

el
elmago79
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:41 pm Post

I am also a Storybook refugee. I got angry when the pro version appeared and suddenly, after an update, I could not longer import my work out of the program. I found Scrivener and have never looked back :D

BigPoppa
Platform: Linux

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:01 am Post

Agreed, although I'm a first time writer, I'm an avid Linux user at home and at work, both server and desktop. I looked for writing tools on Linux and one of the first hits in my searches was Scrivener. Once they release an officially supported version, I'll definitely pick up the license. An awesome tool that's making it very easy to manage my first major writing project. :D