strange lag in starting

al
alba

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:05 am Post

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me here. I have been using Scrivener for a while on my linux computers. Now, I am using Ubuntu 11.04 on a new Lenovo B575. Last week, I updated Ubuntu. I also installed the input method for japanese called Anthy. I am not sure if this caused the problem or not.
However, after that, whenever I start Scrivener, it takes about 4 minutes to start. It used to take about 5 seconds.
Anyone have any idea as to how to fix this? Many thanks in advance.

Floss
Platform: Windows

Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:12 pm Post

alba wrote:Hi,
However, after that, whenever I start Scrivener, it takes about 4 minutes to start. It used to take about 5 seconds.
Anyone have any idea as to how to fix this? Many thanks in advance.

[tone="frivolous"]It could be old age. Try drinking strong coffee. That sometimes helps.[/tone]
i am happy to give feedback on short passages.

be warned, though. my feedback can be blunt... always well intentioned and aimed at helping you improve, but possibly more honest than you are used to.

as such, i will only chip in if directly invited.

Ri
Rithe
Platform: Linux + Windows

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:41 pm Post

Not sure how to take your reply there, Floss.

In any case, the startup time has been an issue for a few versions now. I'm running Kubuntu 10.04 on a Dell Mini 9 and with the new 0.3.5 it took 3min 30 sec to start (give or take a few seconds, I was watching time with top). It was also taking 90% CPU time, easy.

el
elmago79
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:00 am Post

Quite probably you've been hit by this.

It's seems to be related to library problems. I have this problem on my desktop, but not in any of my two laptops, but have been unable to fix it.