Apologies for the lack of a current .deb package

RobHamm
Platform: Linux

Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:11 am Post

I hadn't intended to stop building .debs for the beta releases after building only a couple, but it seems a little late to build one for a beta that expires on the 15th. Assuming there are more Linux betas before a final release (or if the final Linux release is a tarball), though, I'll put together a .deb for that. I'm definitely not the most qualified to do this, so if someone more experienced than I am beats me to it or posts a better one even after I post mine, that'd be just full of coolness-juice and covered in awesome-sauce.

My excuse for falling down on the job--as in the thing that's been sucking up my time recently--will be posted in the "I'm a Writer" forum later this month.
:-)

As to the 32-bit libraries for the 64-bit version, can anyone explain to me in baby-talk how I can make those libraries and any other dependencies I might have forgotten about automagically install when the .deb is installed instead of requiring them to be installed separately? Yes, I've looked at the documentation, but I'm still a little lost.
-Rob
An Experimental Life (my home page)
Read me at Daily Science Fiction
The Crimson Pact Anthology, volume 2
"This is an experimental life. Press any key to continue. Press any other key to explode."

roguish

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:27 am Post

Thank you Rob - that would really help me!
Roguish
Ubuntu 12.04 on Laptop/desktop/netbook

Kn
Knownhuman

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:45 pm Post

Lemme add another "Thanks" to this list.

jr
jrs71

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:02 pm Post

A .deb package would be very helpful! Thank you in advance!!!!