What does this mean?

Kn
Knuxchan
Platform: Linux

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 am Post

Alright, thank you for clarifying! I've actually looked around on some of the Xandros sites, and many people have posted up links to other deb packages to install, but I don't know if these contain the libraries I need.

I talked to a friend who uses Fedora, and he suggest I try to upgrade to that, instead. And all I wanna do is get Scrivener to run! x_x

Kn
Knuxchan

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:57 pm Post

Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to give an update on things.

I was FINALLY able to get it working. I spent hours trying to get the libraries updated based on the information I found on the Xandros forums, but nothing seemed to be working. I had to end up wiping out the computer and installing Fedora on it instead. Since none of the current Scrivener beta files were .rpm format, my friend had to manually turn the .tar.gz file into .rpm format using alien (I still couldn't figure out how to install alien on my computer. The terminal wouldn't recognize any of the alien commands). Anyway, the rpm file worked and I was finally able to run Scrivener!

I assume there will be future updates of Scrivener beta to come, and I haven't seen any RPM formats for them, so I'm wondering if anyone has Fedora know how to install alien so I can make the tar.gz files into RPM format? I've searched Google for a solution, but I couldn't find any *.RPM files for me to install alien. I have Fedora 14 installed on the system, and I was surprised that it didn't come with the program already.

ca
catalinux

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:04 am Post

I believe there isn't a .rpm package for alien, so you'll have to compile it from the source. You will find the latest version here http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/alien/.
aptosid xfce/scrotwm amd64