"Blackened Text" [BUG LOGGED]

StarTigress
Platform: Windows

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:28 pm Post

After opening some of my RTF's in an external editor (I have no idea if this is the cause), I came back into Scrivener and typed in full screen mode a bit. After exiting full screen mode, an odd black "highlight" which obscured text appeared. I could move the blackened area around using the cursor, and it would blink as I typed.

(I've gotten similar errors in word from time to time, and usually restarting fixes things.)

Restarting did not fix it. However, once I went to options-->editor options and re-applied the settings (note--without making changes), it all disappeared and things are fine again.

Please note that when I am logging bugs, I'm *NOT* complaining...I love the program. :D
I <3 Scrivener for Windows Beta. Thanks to everybody who helped create it!!!

"A pen went scribbling along and when it tried to write love, it broke...." ~Rumi

Sp
Spitfire

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:08 am Post

This has been found to be caused by having the "use block insertion point" ticked under Editor options.

StarTigress

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:56 pm Post

Thanks. I recently encountered another issue where my cursor disappeared altogether (this seems to be a beta 1.3 thing) upon opening, but again after "applying" my editor settings in the options menu everything went back to normal....
I <3 Scrivener for Windows Beta. Thanks to everybody who helped create it!!!

"A pen went scribbling along and when it tried to write love, it broke...." ~Rumi

LAP

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:26 am Post

I have logged this both the vanishing cursor and block of text, so thank you.

I never for a moment thought that you were complaining StarTigress - you've been too helpful for that in many of your other posts.

no
nomoreuturns

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:04 am Post

My laptop just died, so I have installed 1.3 onto an Acer TravelMate 3000, and am now having the same problems with my cursor. At first the cursor disappeared, but reappeared when I restarted the program. I then changed the editor settings and unchecked the option for "Replace triple period with ellipsis", and when I returned to my text the the cursor had become a black block that obscured the line. I've tried changing the editor settings again, restarting the program, even removing and reinstalling the program, but still it persists. This bug seemed to pop up after the first time I changed the editor settings...I can't think of anything else that would have triggered it.