Won't open[ADDITIONAL INFO]

StarTigress
Platform: Windows

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:53 am Post

Howdy! I redownloaded scrivener and now it won't open. I get a "Scrivener has encountered a problem and has to close" error.

I have the 2008 redistributable downloaded, as well as SP3. It used to work so now I'm majorly confused! >.<
I <3 Scrivener for Windows Beta. Thanks to everybody who helped create it!!!

"A pen went scribbling along and when it tried to write love, it broke...." ~Rumi

mightygitis

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:57 am Post

I do have a couple of questions. You say you "redownloaded" it. Did it function before? What operating system are you running on? What made you decide to redownload and reinstall?
I am running Scrivener Beta 1.4 onWindows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 3 installed on a Acer Aspire One netbook computer. I am also running it on Windows Vista Home Basic on a Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop.

Check the Bug List before you post!

StarTigress

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:00 am Post

mightygitis wrote:I do have a couple of questions. You say you "redownloaded" it. Did it function before? What operating system are you running on? What made you decide to redownload and reinstall?

It used to work fine. I thought there was a new beta so I redownloaded it. Oddly I think I was wrong. I have no idea what messed it up. >.<

I'm on XP, SP3, and have the 2008 redistributable C++ package installed.
I <3 Scrivener for Windows Beta. Thanks to everybody who helped create it!!!

"A pen went scribbling along and when it tried to write love, it broke...." ~Rumi

mightygitis

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:41 am Post

Okay, my advice, is uninstall. The proper way, by going into Control Panel, and uninstalling from there. Once Scrivener is uninstalled try to reinstall from your original download. Let me know if that gets the program opening again for you. There was an updated Scrivener.exe file created, but you weren't meant to reinstall at all. But the first step is getting the program to open again before worrying about that.
I am running Scrivener Beta 1.4 onWindows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 3 installed on a Acer Aspire One netbook computer. I am also running it on Windows Vista Home Basic on a Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop.

StarTigress

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:56 am Post

Hmmm. Tried this. No "cigar"

mightygitis

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:28 am Post

Alright, next step is to try to figure out what changed between when the program worked on your computer and when it didn't. Did you install anything else? Or update anything?

LAP

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:11 am Post

StarTigriss, is this still an issue?