Prob with outline mode on close/reopen of Scrivener[FIXED]

Ps
Psychomacologist2.0
Platform: Windows

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:23 pm Post

I've noticed this bug when I close Scrivener, then reopen it to continue working on the same project.

In outline mode, I clicked the drop-down menu to the right to un-tick some columns that I didn't want to see (date created, date modified etc...) Basically I customised the display, changed the width of the synopsis column, removed columns I didn't care about - got it just the way I like it. Now, when I close Scrivener and reopen it, two things happen:
1) When I reopen the project, it goes back to where I was - except in Corkboard mode, not Outline
2) All the changes I made to the Outline mode have disappeared - it's back to the default

From the introductory video, I had expected that any tweaks I made to the Outline display would be saved (i.e. it would save my column preferences, even the width etc) - Scrivener does this within the same session. But when I shut down and restart the program, it's back to the defaults, and this is irritating. I also expected that if I left a project viewing a certain folder in outliner mode, that when I restarted Scrivener I'd once again be viewing it in the same mode, but Scrivener seems to be showing a preference for the Corkboard... Any chance the Scrivener could remember what I was viewing, and how? Is this fixable?

I'm loving Scrivener otherwise XD

Hardware:
Dell inspiron mini 1012 netbook (~6 months old)
Intel atom processor, 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM

Software:
XP, S.P. 3 (fully up to date)
~I aim to misbehave~
"People should not be afraid of their Governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

in
insidiousraven

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:59 am Post

Mine is doing the exact same thing, and I'd rather it didn't. I want my preferences saved for outline mode. It would also be nice if I could always view my Research in Cork board and my Draft in Outline. Is there a way to save views per Binder?

Windows 7 64-bit Professional

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:04 am Post

.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ps
Psychomacologist2.0

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:25 pm Post

Ok thanks Amber. Sorry I didn't realise there was already a thread about this!
~I aim to misbehave~
"People should not be afraid of their Governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."