(1.1) "Included in Draft" Glitch [BUG LOGGED]

User avatar
mightygitis
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:46 am
Platform: Windows
Location: Hampton Roads
Contact:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:30 pm Post

As I've been prepping my project for the kick off of NaNoWriMo, I went through and unchecked "Included in Draft" for everything that wasn't going to be made directly into a scene for my novel. Then I saved and exited and went to bed.

Today, I reopened the project to find that everything was back to being "Included in Draft". So it doesn't stick when the program is closed, even when saved.
Last edited by mightygitis on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am running Scrivener Beta 1.4 onWindows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 3 installed on a Acer Aspire One netbook computer. I am also running it on Windows Vista Home Basic on a Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop.

Check the Bug List before you post!

jp
jplumey
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:44 pm Post

I can confirm this as well using Windows XP SP3. The other toggles (Page Break Before and Compile As-Is) work fine.

User avatar
StaceyUK
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 pm
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:30 pm Post

I can also confirm this. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit.
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.26 Beta

in
insidiousraven
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 am
Platform: Windows

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:01 am Post

I also have this.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

User avatar
mightygitis
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:46 am
Platform: Windows
Location: Hampton Roads
Contact:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:04 am Post

I have tried everything. No matter what, when reopened EVERYTHING resets to be included in draft. Whether it is in the Research folder or in the Draft folder itself. I end up going through and changing them all. And then when I re-open I have to do it again. Going to make keeping track of actual word count during NaNo a pain in the booty. I think.

I am re-commenting mainly because at first I thought this was just happening inside the inspector, but it also happens when I change it in outline mode. It doesn't matter where I alter the value, upon restart everything reverts back to being "Included in Draft".
I am running Scrivener Beta 1.4 onWindows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 3 installed on a Acer Aspire One netbook computer. I am also running it on Windows Vista Home Basic on a Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop.

Check the Bug List before you post!

jd
jdery
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:13 pm
Platform: Windows

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:33 am Post

Confirming the same thing. However, I also noticed that if you view the word count via Project>Project Statistics or check the Project Targets (Project>Project Targets), the word count is correct as long as that file isn't in the Draft section, i.e. it doesn't count the words in the incorrectly-checked files in the Research section even though those boxes are checked.

If you uncheck a box in the Draft section and restart, when Scrivener pops back up the box is checked again it it does count toward those word counts.

User avatar
DMJ
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:37 pm
Contact:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 pm Post

Thank you all for reporting and confirming this issue. It is on Lee's long list! :wink:

All the best,
David

User avatar
LAP
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:25 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:53 am Post

Sorry folks for slow response. I have logged this annoying bug.

Thank you.