Here's what happens.
- Copy and paste story from OpenOffice generated .rtf file to Scivener.
- Label it Original for clarity.
- Confirm that the entire story is there.
- Cut section from the story and paste it into a new document within the draft.
- Label it Section 1 for clarity
- Go back to Original and scroll through. Some paragraphs are now missing in later sections that I did NOT cut and paste from.
This happens with .rtf and .doc. The file is 34,000 words, just in case it turns out to be a length thing. I am happy to give you the original file for trouble-shooting but would prefer not to upload it here.