Keyword H U D in Tutorial [FIXED]

Tatra
Platform: Windows

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:25 pm Post

When I first opened up the H U D in the tutorial, it was completely blank. I was able to figure out how to make keywords, even with the semi confusing direction to
Try dragging the keyword entitled “Assign this one” to the keywords table.
(Though, that was probably just totally me).

So, I was going along all right, until I reached this paragraph:
When assigning keywords from the HUD, you can optionally assign the groups to which they belong. To see this in action, click on the plus-sign next to “Characters” in the black Keywords HUD to reveal the names of some characters. If you dragged the name of one of these characters to the keywords pane in the inspector, only the name of the character would get assigned.

I'm assuming that there was supposed to be a keyword entitled 'Characters' with some sibling and child keywords and it's just missing. Anyway, I thought I would let you know.

Also, and I just discovered this while making this post, when you open up the 'black keywords HUD' and then you click onto another window (in this case, firefox), the HUD is still the top window and, when you click on it, it brings Scrivener up.
Nanowrimo 2010: Bob.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:33 pm Post

There should be sample keywords in the HUD for the tutorial. There were there a bit ago, but it looks like they got lost somewhere along the line, so thanks for bringing that to our attention! And yes, the confusing paragraph about the "Characters" is confusing because there should have been a Character keyword with some child keywords that you could take a look at.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles