Crash[FIXED]

StarTigress
Platform: Windows

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 pm Post

1st Crash!

OK

1) I'm looking at the corkboard and importing images. (Note--I'm not sure how important this is--I am in a folder within a folder.)
2) I click on one image and view it so that it takes up the whole inner frame (just that one image rather than corkboard view)
3) I click the box in the upper righthand corner of something I see called "synopsis". I want to know what this does (I was going to try to close it)
4) "Scrivener.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

No problem! Just lettin' ya know :P
I <3 Scrivener for Windows Beta. Thanks to everybody who helped create it!!!

"A pen went scribbling along and when it tried to write love, it broke...." ~Rumi

StarTigress

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:46 pm Post

OK. More generally: it always happens whenever I click that button. It's the "auto populate" button on the synopsis.
I <3 Scrivener for Windows Beta. Thanks to everybody who helped create it!!!

"A pen went scribbling along and when it tried to write love, it broke...." ~Rumi

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:56 pm Post

Ah ha! I can confirm that. This button should be disabled when viewing media. The button will take the first few lines of text from a text document and stash it into the synopsis card---trying to do that on an image obviously shouldn't do anything. :)

Thanks!
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

jn
jnfr

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:59 pm Post

I also crashed at that point, in a folder under a folder, at the storyboard view if I recall correctly, hitting the synopsis button.

AmberV

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 pm Post

I can duplicate that as well on an empty folder. If the folder has text content it won't crash---so looks like anything without a corresponding RTF file will crash when that button is pressed.

Also, that caused me to notice a missing step in the tutorial. There should be text in the folder for part 2.
Ioa Petra'ka

RSMcGowan

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 pm Post

I just got a crash as well. I imported an image and went to rename it. Soon as I did that, Scrivener went kaboom. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, Dell Studio XPS 1640 laptop.
Testing Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, HP Pavilion G7 Notebook PC, Intel i3 processor
Don't blink. | 2010 & 2011 NaNoWriMo Winner!

RSMcGowan

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:19 pm Post

Just crashed again. And again, it happened upon trying to import a file.
Testing Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, HP Pavilion G7 Notebook PC, Intel i3 processor

co
coryleslie

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:50 pm Post

I also crashed when I hit that button. I did not have text in the box yet.

AmberV

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 am Post

Thanks for the further reports! I think we have this one cornered though. For now avoid clicking that button on empty files/folders or media.

RSMcGowan: This sounds like a separate issue entirely. Renaming shouldn't be connected with the synopsis generation button.

Do you have problems renaming all graphics, or is it sporadic?
Ioa Petra'ka

RSMcGowan

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 am Post

Nope, I haven't had trouble renaming imported things since the first time. Maybe it was a delayed crash from importing, period? I posted on a different thread that I can import most files, but when I try to import a slightly larger RTF (395kb), it crashes.