Unable to Create or Open a project [ADDRESSED]

LAP
Platform: Windows

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 pm Post

I've been trying to replicate this crash using a virgin install of Windows XP with service pack 3 and been unable. It all works fine?

Can you confirm which service pack you are running and any special configurations such as WINE or vmware etc?

Ve
Venusian31

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:08 pm Post

I'm just running Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3, v.3244 Build 2600 and don't have any special configurations that I know of. This computer is a little over 2 years old and has had plenty of things installed and uninstalled over time, so probably not as clean as it once was.

I do have SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio 2005 and the .net framework installed on this computer. Could any of those things be causing a problem?

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:24 pm Post

I'm on build SP3-2600 as well, but my install is extremely vanilla. I've only installed a few third-party applications like Chrome. Nothing that operates at a deep level like a virus scanner.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ve
Venusian31

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:27 pm Post

Ok, I pulled out my other laptop which also has Windows XP Professional service pack 3 installed. It's a pretty clean install and doesn't have many other programs installed on it since I don't use it much. After completing the Scrivener install I got this error: "This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may correct this problem" when I tried to open the program.

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and got the same error again. Apparently I can't use Scrivener on either of my laptops.

When I tried opening the program on this laptop again, I decided to let the debugger open when the program crashed during project creation and the error that it's reporting is a division by zero error. Something must be happening when it creates the new project because all the folders that are created in the new project are empty and there is no .scrivx file.

Ve
Venusian31

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:29 pm Post

I do have antivirus programs on both laptops. AVG Professional is installed on the laptop that can't create new projects and ZoneAlarm Pro on the laptop that can't install the program correctly at all.

garpu
Platform: Linux

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:07 am Post

Got it working. I had to install quartz via winetricks. Could there be some windows update you're missing?
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE