Found something in the Tutorial [BUGS FIXED]

no
nohika
Platform: Windows

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 pm Post

Going under "Help, Tutorial" and opening that document. Click on Part 1: Step 3.

Under the yellow bar, the text "Now try changing the percentage in the popup-button at the bottom, too (click on it and select a new percentage)—you will see that you can make the text bigger or smaller; useful for tired eyes." should be highlighted orange.

Also, under Screenplay but before Notes, it says " Text > Scriptwriting > Script Mode - Screenplay again to de-select screenplay mode." where "Text" should be "Format."

Am I posting this stuff in the right place? Hope so...

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:24 pm Post

Thanks for the notes, nohika. For now, this is as good a place as any.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

jn
jnfr

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 pm Post

Found in the tutorial, 5e references dragging keywords from the keyword HUD, but when I open the HUD it has no keywords in it.

ni
nibbled thumb

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:40 pm Post

in 5b of the tutorial on the inspector it says that the options in General includes : include in compile, but it's actually 'include in draft' on the general pane of the inspector.

Tatra

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:54 pm Post

I might just be misunderstanding this, but this caused me a momentary bit of confusion. In the Tutorial, under Part 1, Step 5: the Inspector, the fifth paragraph says:
The padlock button on the far right allows you to “lock” the inspector to a particular editor when the editor is split - we won’t worry about that for now, though, as we haven’t looked at splitting the editor yet.
Now, as I've said, I might just be misunderstanding the words, but when I think of 'padlock' I think of a lock with a loop and when I see the picture that is used on the icon, I think of a 'key.'

*goes back to going through the tutorial*

Edit to say that now I see that the 'key' icon is the keywords and I see the camera icon for the snapshot, but I cannot see the padlock button. :)
Nanowrimo 2010: Bob.

rj
rjr20

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:15 pm Post

Hi. When I took a snapshot as directed in section 5f I could then see the snapshot I had just taken, but not the one which was supposed to be there from when the tutorial was written. Unless I'm doing something wrong which is entirely possible!

ni
nibbled thumb

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 pm Post

b) Now - well, after you’ve read this bit, so you know how to get back - click on the corkboard icon again, while viewing this document. You will see that the corkboard is blank. This is because this document (“Step 7: Changing Editor Views”) doesn’t have any subdocuments - but it could.

for clarity perhaps you should state to go to Step 7. Maybe staring at the screen has my brain numb but I had to read it twice.

:D

also
This is because this document (“Step 7: Changing Editor Views”) doesn’t have any subdocuments - but it could. After you’ve seen the blank corkboard, click on the text icon to the left of the corkboard icon in the toolbar icon to see the text of the document again:3. Outliner Mode
Outliner mode is much like the corkboard mode, allowing you to see the subdocuments of the current document, except that it shows them as rows

It should tell us to go back to the folder because since there are no sub-documents in the outliner mode all we will see is a blank page.

ni
nibbled thumb

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:12 am Post

I don't know if I should post this here...I dont' understand why the inspector doesn't show anything but project references or project notes, it doesn't show the index card, the other folders do. Is it because it has text? :?

ni
nibbled thumb

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 am Post

Each index card will now display a pin holding it in place that is the colour of the label associated with the document.You can also select Show Stamps via View > Corkboard, which places a diagonal stamp on the cards

none of the index cards in the tutorial has labels or status, but I was able to create my own and change it.

no
nohika

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:45 am Post

Found a rather confused sentence in Step 8 "(whatever that meansNo need". I think there's a parentheses and a sentence transition missing there.

Just lettin' ya know. =)

Another typo in the same step " currently has the focus. You can tell which editor currently has the focus because when there is a split, he header bar of the focussed editor turns blue.". Focused is spelled wrong.

ni
ninjakittyofdoom

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 am Post

Page one of the tutorial: Beginnings has a bad sentence--

It currently reads "...so that it can be compiled when compile. " I would rephrase it to something like "...so that it can be compiled once you have finished." Or something to that effect.

For an easier time finding this: it's in the Binder section, in the second paragraph, three lines down.

Du
DukTape

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:36 am Post

I think I killed my tutorial. I was just near the beginning, where it said to drag step 3 to the header view (and I don't know if that meant in the binder or up top, so I did it in the binder). Then I was reading it, and thought I'd put it back where it belonged, I mean with its level back at the same level as the other steps. Only somehow both steps 2 and 3 disappeared on me. I hit ctrl+z a few times, but it didn't bring it back. I closed the tutorial without asking it to save, but those steps are still nowhere to be seen. :(

Ap
AprilD

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:45 am Post

DukTape wrote:I think I killed my tutorial. I was just near the beginning, where it said to drag step 3 to the header view (and I don't know if that meant in the binder or up top, so I did it in the binder). Then I was reading it, and thought I'd put it back where it belonged, I mean with its level back at the same level as the other steps. Only somehow both steps 2 and 3 disappeared on me. I hit ctrl+z a few times, but it didn't bring it back. I closed the tutorial without asking it to save, but those steps are still nowhere to be seen. :(

Hi DukTape! I'm pretty sure that the parts that involve dragging into the header are not live yet. According to the tutorial instructions, if you think you've messed up your tutorial, go out of Scrivener and use Explorer to go to where you had scrivener create your tutorial file. Highlight and delete the tutorial folder. Then go back into Scrivener and restart the tutorial process to create new tutorial files. Then you can go right back to where you left off. Hope this helps!

bk
bklynwriter

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 am Post

nohika wrote:Going under "Help, Tutorial" and opening that document. Click on Part 1: Step 3.

Under the yellow bar, the text "Now try changing the percentage in the popup-button at the bottom, too (click on it and select a new percentage)—you will see that you can make the text bigger or smaller; useful for tired eyes."

This did not work for me. I see the gray bar, but nothing happens when I click on it. There is no percentage pop up either.

bk
bklynwriter

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:54 am Post

Working through the tutorial, I am at Step 3: Footer View.

When I switch to the pdf document, the footer with the page navigation appears at the top of the pdf document, not at the bottom of the window.