Blank line in the Project Templates list

BC
BClarke
Platform: Windows

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:35 pm Post

When selecting New Project from the File menu, the Project Templates dialog appears, but there is no template name where I would expect to see "Custom" or something similar. Editing the template info (other than leaving the category as "Custom") does nothing.
Project templates - blank line.png
Project templates - blank line.png (23.2 KiB) Viewed 183 times

drmajorbob
Platform: Mac

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:18 am Post

BClarke wrote:When selecting New Project from the File menu, the Project Templates dialog appears, but there is no template name where I would expect to see "Custom" or something similar. Editing the template info (other than leaving the category as "Custom") does nothing.
Project templates - blank line.png

All templates are "custom" in that you can edit them. You can change any template into any other template with enough edits. You may want to start with Blank.
Teeth, without gums, fall loosely in the mouth.

(I'm not a Literature & Latte employee. Just another user.)

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:04 am Post

When you save a template to the "Custom" category, there is a field beneath that dropdown to enter a category name. Currently if this is left blank, it will create a title-less category in the project menu rather than defaulting to the Miscellaneous category. You can fix this by resaving the template and adding a custom category name; when you overwrite the existing template, the empty category will be deleted and a new one created for the custom name.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

BC
BClarke
Platform: Windows

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:18 pm Post

the empty category will be deleted and a new one created for the custom name.

A minor UI issue: when the category name is changed, a new entry does appear in the project templates list, but the old category, that now contains no templates, is still in the list until you close the templates list and reopen it.