Everything is Underlined When Copy Pasting to New Doc

do
dovenart
Platform: Windows

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:33 am Post

I tried to copy-paste from google docs into a new document on Scrivener, and everything is underlined.

Steps I've Tried:

- selected all and underlined/un-underlined
- pasted via "paste and match styles"
- pasted and used document > convert > formatting to default text style
- pasted via "paste and match styles" and then tried document > convert > formatting to default text style
- changing fonts, font size, and alignment
- pasting small sections instead of the entire document, in the same steps as above
- pasting from other google docs (all of them are doing this)

Nothing makes the underline go away.

Once the document has the bugged underline, no matter if I delete all text, everything else I write is underlined.

I have found ONE workaround, by creating a new document, writing random text to "prime" the formatting, then pasting via "paste and match styles". However, if I paste it without matching styles, it underlines the entire document, including my previously written text.

I'm using Scrivener Version: 1.9.13.0

DavidR

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm Post

Problems with pasting from Google Docs have been reported multiple times, I'm afraid. Try searching the forum for it, and you may find other solutions. (Or not -- I'm not a Google Docs user myself.)
David
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.9
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

What's the difference between a free lance and a loose cannon?

do
dovenart

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:47 pm Post

DavidR wrote:Problems with pasting from Google Docs have been reported multiple times, I'm afraid. Try searching the forum for it, and you may find other solutions. (Or not -- I'm not a Google Docs user myself.)

I did search to see if I could find this particular problem before I reported it, but I didn't.

Ji
JimRac
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:12 pm Post

Hi dovenart,

It's been my experience that these kind of formatting challenges are not uncommon when copying from one app to another.
dovenart wrote:I have found ONE workaround, by creating a new document, writing random text to "prime" the formatting, then pasting via "paste and match styles".
Yup, that's the sort of thing I routinely do.

Another thing you can try is pasting from Google docs into a text editor like Notepad, and then cut/pasting from there into Scrivener. Again, I do this sort of thing all the time, and not just when my target is Scrivener. (OneNote, Word, etc.)

Best,
Jim
I’m just a customer.