10th MAY - LEE'S UPDATE - BETA 024 RELEASED

Fl
Flur
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed May 11, 2011 5:14 pm Post

A question on the color changes - It sounds like these changes were made to match other Windows products (OneNote, Windows7). Will the option exist for the user to choose to have their interface match the mac interface?

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Wed May 11, 2011 5:31 pm Post

Glad people are generally liking the interface changes! I think Lee has done a superb job on these so far.

Flur - you should have the option to choose any colours you want for the binder, notes, project notes and so on. These options are currently missing but when they are added you will be able to set it up how you like. The colours we chose were ones that had precedents on Windows but which closely matched the Mac version. So, the Mac version uses yellow document notes, blue project notes and a blue-grey binder; the Windows version uses similar colours but taken from the Windows palette. We used several modern MS apps as our guide, although as OneNote is one of the nicest looking MS apps, that had some influence.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

du
duende
Platform: Windows

Thu May 12, 2011 5:13 pm Post

I took a couple months off from the beta testing process while working on some other projects, and having now installed beta 0.24 -- WOW -- it's simply a much better piece of software than older betas. Really nice work guys.

Ri
Rin

Thu May 12, 2011 10:23 pm Post

Just wanted to say that the new beta is very pretty, indeed :) Mostly cosmetic changes, but it's surprising how far little changes can go :) Thanks very much for all the hard work, Lee!

Sp
SpirosD

Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 am Post

Rin wrote:Just wanted to say that the new beta is very pretty, indeed :) Mostly cosmetic changes, but it's surprising how far little changes can go :) Thanks very much for all the hard work, Lee!

Agreed. Cosmetic changes can be very important. I especially love the binder background colour now being closer to the mac default (light blue) which helps you visually separate binder and text areas more comfortably.

Keep up the great work!

Wo
Wonder

Mon May 23, 2011 10:01 am Post

New beta looks good, although I'll appreciate the option to customise, too. There's one feature that's still missing, though, and I think it's pretty important: When I select any number of words in a text document, it should show many how many words are selected. In Scrivener, it only shows the number of words in the full document. I'd really appreciate it if you could add this feature.

StaceyUK
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon May 23, 2011 2:15 pm Post

Wonder wrote:New beta looks good, although I'll appreciate the option to customise, too. There's one feature that's still missing, though, and I think it's pretty important: When I select any number of words in a text document, it should show many how many words are selected. In Scrivener, it only shows the number of words in the full document. I'd really appreciate it if you could add this feature.

For a selection word count right click and the number of words is available in the menu that appears.
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

[b]Windows 10
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.9.17 Beta

Wo
Wonder

Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 am Post

*facepalm* Can't believe I missed that! Thank you!