28th MARCH - Reference Documentation

Lu
Lunarclipper
Platform: Windows

Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:15 pm Post

I had a time trying to open my existing projects in this latest Beta (023). While trying to solve the problem, I referred to the tutorial and the manual: neither one has a segment on how to open an existing project. (see my post in the "13th APRIL - LEE'S UPDATE - BETA 023 RELEASED")

I know it seems as if this is just common sense, but hey, I was tired. That, coupled with the fact that all the files in all the .scriv folders that I need to click on to open any project are named "project", makes me think it is a good idea to include a section on the basic-basics of how to save, open, specify where Scrivener saves by default, etc.

Just a thought, Lunarclipper.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 pm Post

See §6.4 Opening Existing Projects (pg. 32). Does this not cover what you were looking for?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Pe
Pellinore
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:49 pm Post

Hello!

Just checking in to see if you are going to release a new version of the reference documentation any time soon. Wanted to volunteer and read the whole thing. Since I hate reading over 50 pages on screen, I wanted to print it out, and I didn't want to print it out if you were sending a new edition soon.

take care,
:)
jolly day for a quest, tu sabes.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:56 pm Post

Yes, there will be a new edition soon; save your ink. :)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Pe
Pellinore
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:46 pm Post

Cool. Let me know. I have been lax in my beta duties because I have been so busy, so I thought this could be the best way I could help. :D
jolly day for a quest, tu sabes.